Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD's Friend's Mom Pushing God on Her and I'm Pissed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies

And I'm pissed! I've met this woman and never would have thought that she would do such a thing!

My daughter spent the night Friday night and came home yesterday afternoon. Today my daughter informed me that her friend's mom told her that if she doesn't believe in god the angels won't come to protect her!

I guess while over at this friend's house my daughter mentioned that she/we don't believe in god. And that was her reply to a 6 year old! 

I might have overreacted, but I told my daughter I didn't want her going to that friend's house anymore. She got upset, this is her best friend. But I'm not comfortable with someone pushing beliefs on my child and scaring her. I trusted this woman with my daughter and I would never ever do somthing like this to another person's kid. When her daughter stays over here I don't tell her that god isn't real. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to follow through with her not going to this friend's house again. I might have a talk with the girl's mom and let her know my feelings.

What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

The world is ending soon anyway. Who cares?

Melonie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM
I would talk to the mom, how would she feel if the shoe was on the other foot? At least she didn't take her to church lo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Well, I don't believe that the world is ending anytime soon...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

i would probably not confront the mom (you cant change wackadoos like that anyway) but offer to have the girls at your place/meet in public places for fun outtings together,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

The more I calm down the more I'm thinking it's best to talk with her mother. If she had taken her to church that would have been it, my daughter wouldn't be allowed there again.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM
We are Athiests. I would talk to her mother. I would be upset too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe in God, but even I think that that mother was out of line.  Whether you believe or not, she used scare tactics, plain and simple, and the God I believe in is a God of love, not fear.

Yeah, talk to her, and if it keeps happening, insist that her daughter come to YOUR house instead of your daughter going over there.

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I am a Christian but I feel there is nothing wrong with calling the woman and saying something like this, "our girls are bffs and I adore your little girl.  My daughter had fun at your house but said you said ______.  I dont think it was ok to say this to her.  I respect your beliefs and you do have the right to say what you want in your home but Im concerned about how what you say will impact my child.  I would like to have my child continue to play with your daughter so can we agree that we should leave religion out of our talks?  If not, I understand, I hope you understand my child will not be playing over there."

coffeeyum
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Wow. God is love it's not some scary awful thing, it's only a promise to the new limitless life we'll have.  IT's as easy as nodding ones' head or reading a book.

It's actually easier than that.   Don't you see what love is ? As opposed to what an empty promise is. ???

CuteandCurvy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Wow I don't think theres anything wrong with a situation where maybe the family prays before dinner, and your DD being over there, and they let her know to bow her head or something as they pray, but to tell her something like that is just wrong!! I'm a christian and would never tell a child anything like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)