Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone ever dropped their infant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

just wondering what happened? share your story or someone elses...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellyg1987
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM
No...I would feel so horrible! I don't know of anyone who has... At least no one has admitted it to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
My kid rolled off the couch when he was 2 1/2 months old. My brother was holding him and set him down to get the door (him and my dad were helping me move), and my brother didn't realize my son could roll over. But no... I haven't actually dropped him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I never dropped them, but my DS rolled out of bed. I was right there and tried to catch him, I managed to slow him down, but I didn't catch him, only succeeded in turning him so he landed head first. I felt horrible and he screamed for a good five minutes or so. He was 4 months old. He's 2-1/2 now and aside from being in the terrible twos, he's a perfectly normal kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
No. I wacked her head on the wall, though. :( She's 11 now and just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM

No, I never dropped my daughter, but I did fall down some stairs and she did hit her head on the metal railing.  We both went to the ER that day and I was the only one injured thankfully ( I sprained my ankle). I felt horrible that it happened.

MeGirl04049
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM

when my oldest was 4 or 5 months old, itw was cold winter and he was bundled in a snowsuit like the boy on a christmas story, anyway DH was carrying him into the house and slipped on the Ice, as he fell his reaction was for his hands to go up and so did DS, it was like slow motion to me, I was already on the porch, I watched him go up like 6 feet but seemed like 20 and he came down, DH was on his back in pain, and DS laned in the snowbank!!!!! Before I could get down off the very icy porch, my DH had picked DS up and ran down the extremely long driveway across the field to my moms house so scared he hurt our son. THank Heavens DS was not hurt in any way, he wasnt crying and was alert etc. still took him to dr. next morning and watched him closely thru night to be sure. That was soooo scary for us though!!

MommySwag88

no never dropped but there was a time my daughter decided to roll off the couch when I tried to change her and had to walk across the room to get a pamper lol it was her first time rolling over and I had my comforter on the ground where she fell

QU33NB33_213

once i ALMOST dropped my son. I was home alone & reaching for something on the other couch & the snaps on his blanket sleeper came off & he slipped down but i dropped whatever it was i was reaching for & caught him on his butt. (i was burping him.) So scary.

jessie82087
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Didn't actually drop him, but he fell off the bed one morning when I was getting ready for work and DF dozed off. He was fine. Babies are very resilient. If this is not just a hypothetical-just keep a close eye on the baby, check for bumps and bruises, and call your pedi if you're worried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)