Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So annoyed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My husband is in a different dtate til mid march.

Hes only been gone a week and every night our conversations end with me hanging up on him bc he litterally will sit there for 5 min not saying.anything at all, even after I ask him questions!

Its so irritating and depressing! I have no friends where.we are and my parents dont understand! I feel so alone and helpless!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ABZ_O
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Men. He can at least tell you whats going on around him. They could be chatter boxes when they want to and when you want to talk to them they have nothing to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mydebbers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Men dont like to talk on the phone, thats not them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM
So, why hang on him if you want to talk? If you want to talk, talk. Guys usually aren't huge phone talkers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I do talk to him. I tell him about oyr day, sit in silence for 5 or more minuets waiting for some awknowledgement, abd nothing, so then I ask him a question, again, another 5 min of silence before ge either says, what was the question again, or answers it. Uhhhgggg. I cant stand him he seriously is stupid I swear!

Quoting Anonymous:

So, why hang on him if you want to talk? If you want to talk, talk. Guys usually aren't huge phone talkers

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
So how is my relationship with my military dh supposed to grow and stay strong if we dont communicate on the phone?

Quoting mydebbers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mydebbers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM

email, writing, and other ways of communication work as well.   Do you talk EVERY DAY? If you do, maybe give him a few days, and then talk to him... maybe he is in a rut about talking about the same stuff every day, unless something interesting happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

So how is my relationship with my military dh supposed to grow and stay strong if we dont communicate on the phone?

Quoting mydebbers:

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:24 PM

When DH was in the Navy, it was hard to talk on the phone. We emailed and IM'd instead. It was easier and less distractions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:24 PM
I cant snail mail him he has no mailing address where he is. And no ot is not basic, he is taking the seniors leaders course for his e7 rank..

His internet is spotty, phone is the best way right now to communicate. Besides, he needs to call to talk to the kids too.

Quoting mydebbers:

email, writing, and other ways of communication work as well.   Do you talk EVERY DAY? If you do, maybe give him a few days, and then talk to him... maybe he is in a rut about talking about the same stuff every day, unless something interesting happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mydebbers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wagners7
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I am also a military wife of 22 years and multiple deployments.  My husband is also a man of very few words, letters, emails or texts. It is frustrating but just make the words you do say, count.  Hang in there. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mydebbers:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)