Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else have a father that wants nothing to do with you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

I havent seen or spoken to my father in almost 3yrs. When my daughter was born he is the one that talked me into keeping her and not putting her up for adoption and when i made the decision to keep her he was never there. He has only seen his grand daughter a handful of times and the only way i know he is thinking of me or his granddaughter is when he sends gifts in the mail for Christmas or birthdays. I try calling him he dosnt anser is phone or he hangs up on me and i have tried writing him to no replys back. He tells me he loves me and will always be there for me but how is he being there for me if he wants nothing to do with me. I asked him if he is mad at me or if i have done something for this to happen. He says that he is just busy and has alot going on. He also lives in another state and is too far to visit.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I haven't seen or spoken to my father in 25 years. He's (obviously! Lol) never met my children or dh. Shrug. Good riddance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babymaycker
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM

me. 

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM
My dad dropped out of my life when I was 19 pretty much. We've had limited contact since then, and for the past year virtually none. My kids have no clue who he is and he probably couldn't tell you their names.

It hurts because he raised me and then just forgot about me after he and my mom divorced. We live in the same city, he just never calls or comes by, even when I call or invite him. I tried to keep a relationship, but I got tired of being the only one trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM

it just hurts because he begged me not to put my daughter up for adoption and said he was gonna be the best grandfather and he totaly did the opposit. My daughter dosnt even know what he looks like and when she does talk to him and he says it's grandpa she goes "your not my grandpa" because she is used of my grandfather being there... The only time she talks to him is when my brother is around and he calls him but he never asks to talk to me.

cillaluvsmali
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM
My dad won't effing leave me alone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:48 PM

thats how i feel i stopped trying to contact him cause it was no use. He totaly changed when he got married too...

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

My dad dropped out of my life when I was 19 pretty much. We've had limited contact since then, and for the past year virtually none. My kids have no clue who he is and he probably couldn't tell you their names.

It hurts because he raised me and then just forgot about me after he and my mom divorced. I tried to keep a relationship, but I got tired of being the only one trying.

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM

My sisters father does not contact her.  I think its less about wanting nothing to do with her and more about being ashamed of being horrible in the past and not knowing how to say he is sorry.  Your dad probably has his own issues and there isnt much you can do to change that.

TruCowboysFan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I haven't seen my "father" in almost twenty years. I don't even think about him. To me he is my sperm donor. I swear, if someone told me he was dead I would not care. He's nothing to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I understand that im starting to think it's my step-mom that has alot to it though cause she is a bitch and wants to live this perfect life and since i was 18 when i had my daughter that is unacceptible for her and i think she has alot of say in the way he is acting because before they got married my dad was the best dad ever...

kngarber
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I talk to my dad maybe once every 4 months.  He can't seem to make the 90 minute drive to see my girls and I so we haven't seen him in a year.  We can't go to his house because they have 6 indoor cats and his wife refuses to not smoke in front of my children and 1 I don't want my kids around it and 2 my youngest has very bad asthma and can't handle being there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)