• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would rather my kid be a BULLY

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: bully or victim

Options:

bully

victim

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

So if you had had had to choose for your child to be a bully or a victim which would you choose?

I think bullying sucks, but I also think there are degrees. And to some degree it will not be going anywhere, it happens because of what we are at the core. Most primate societies are some sort of hierarchy and so are we. Some people are inherently strong, aggressive, and leaders if you will while others are the opposite. It's the way our society survives its the way we work. So if I HAD to choose I would rather my child be a bully and that puts me in a hard spot.. I will MOST DEFINETLY preach acceptance and love, but I will not teach my kid to turn the other cheek. I do not want my kid martyred. If this makes me a bad mom I will take it , I do not want my kids to suffer. Now I'm not saying I want them to be bullies, but if it came down to it I would rather they be a bully than a victim... And I am not talking about the bullying till suicide, again I believe there are degrees and that bullying in general will never stop.

please vote and explain your reason why.

you all suck at this game: i said HAD HAD To choose, i get some kids are neither, but if your kid had to be one which would you want.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually psychologically both ends are the same.  Both bullies and victims come from the same type of homes.  Your choices are being a bully/victim or raising them right.

MommySwag88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

There is another factor, I would prefer my children to respect everyone equally but be able to stick up for themselve when needed

ekralevich
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I would rather my kid be the victim and show, tell him how to deal with it.  There are always going to be bullies in life and learning how to deal with them is better than being one.  Suffering is a part of life, you pick weather you choose to let it control you or let it roll off.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I cant choose either. I rather raise my son to stand up for himself. He doesnt have to a victim or bully for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

my kids would allow themselves to be picked on up until the point the bully got physical, then they would LAY THE PUNK OUT. 

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

They do not have to be either. Sure, most kids get picked on at some point, but they don't have to be a "victim". We can raise our children to stand up for themselves without being a bully.

jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

victim.. bullys are know that I went to school with, were the type to grow up with no brains, into trouble, because they didn't have any support and home, so they took the hard way of life. They aren't leaders, they were followers.. they bullied because they thought it was "cool".. that's not leading, that's following..

it's their lack of self respect that lead them to bully in the first place, so to try to replace what's missing inside they ahve to have a victim.. bullys I know from school, are either in jail, poor, working at shit jobs, or dead.

A victim is typically targetted BECAUSE they are different, thus they choose NOT to follow in trends.When you have a supportive home life, being a victim at school, doesn't last that long, and after schools over.. most of them grow up to prove their bullies wrong.. they end up being their bullies bosses.   The leaders.

kalejames2010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM
My dh and i have talked about this recently and both came to the conclusion to teach our kids to stand up for themselves. I am not saying they should be a.bully but if they got bullied to be able to stand up for themselves. I would rather my kid have a black eye and come home ok because he defended himself than in the hospital because he didn't.
RubyFairy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I would rather my son be the victim and he was this yr. I got to help him figure out ways to deal, and the offending child was moved to a new class. YAY!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

ive learned that is possible, but not always true. some kids are bullies and come from great homes. Also you have to take into account relational aggression wich is bullying in itself and thats is not only influenced by home life. i am not talking about or saying i want my kid to be an over the top bully attacking people... but i dont want them picked on and hurt.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Actually psychologically both ends are the same.  Both bullies and victims come from the same type of homes.  Your choices are being a bully/victim or raising them right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)