• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

DH used to work offshore. He was gone for 7 days then he would be home for 7 days. He was transfered almost a year ago and we had to relocate 8 hours from family and friends. He recently started working 7 days a week and atleast 12 hr days sometimes 16 or 18 hr days. I feel bad he's working so much right now but I'm enjoying it. I feel guilty because I feel like I should be missing him, but I'm not.

I'm assuming it's bc it was like a I had a double life when he was offshore. It was like I was single again (without other men obviously) but I was able to just be on my own schedule, I could go and come as I pleased. DH doesn't tell me I can't go somewhere or do something but since he's home it's always him and I going somewhere or doing something.  I always needed just some me time and since we moved I haven't had that.

So yes, I'm throughly enjoying not seeing him.... am I wrong?  

I post anonymously bc in this group I always post anon. It could ask for my fav color and I'd post anon. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nikki32230
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if it works for you guys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I guess I just feel like I should be telling him I miss him or something... lol guess this holds truth to that saying.... I can't miss you if you never leave :P 

Quoting nikki32230:

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if it works for you guys

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

You're not wrong. When you're used to living a certain way it's difficult to change the dynamic.

nikki32230
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
If that's what makes you feel bad there's nothing wrong with telling him you miss him to spare his feelings, ya know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

phew... good to hear.. I thought i was going to get bashed like crazy bc well you know most relationships on CM are picture perfect! 

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

You're not wrong. When you're used to living a certain way it's difficult to change the dynamic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

yea I guess so. I didn't think of it that way.. 

Quoting nikki32230:

If that's what makes you feel bad there's nothing wrong with telling him you miss him to spare his feelings, ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)