Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wearing your wedding ring even after divorce

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My ex husband and I had been married for a year before I got my wedding ring. I love my wedding ring, it's beautiful!!!
I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years. We have talked about marriage but I doubt he will ever propose. This is his mentality......he says he wants to get me the ring HE thinks I deserve. That ring will cost at least 3k min(My old wedding ring was $800).
I have tried so many times to convince him that i truly dont want a lavish ring. If that is his will , it doesnt make sense why as soon as he paid off at debt, he got another 2,500 dollar loan to pay for a gaming computer!!!!
I want to start wearing my old ring again even if it's on a different finger. Even my ex laughed and said I might as well. I have no feelings for my ex husband like that. So wearing it will have no meaning other than a pretty ring.
What are your thoughts?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I think that would be inappropriate. Sure, it's just a pretty ring, but it's a pretty ring that you used to pledge your fidelity to a man you're no longer involved with.

kristy0833
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

idk i threw mine from ex off the peir where i wedding was planned.. ( he cheated and became abusive and i left a month before the wedding..i actually still have the dress with the tags and EVERYTHING for the wedding in storage)

perezamberly
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I don't think I'd be ok with it, but as long as you and your man are happy and content then it's ok;) :) btw I'm so thrilled that you talked to him about it first!!! That's way awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

no I dont think I would wear a ring I had from another marriage 

LLeyhe
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Maybe put the diamonds in another peice or a necklace.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I sold mine

elly25
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I wish that I could sell mine, but I wouldn't get much for it. I don't even like looking at it. Even though it's a great ring.

thehickinhickor
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

my ex hubby got me a ring too replace my wedding ring it as 5 hearts one big one for out lil one izzy and 4 little ones for the babies i miscarried. we put the wedding ring a way for our little one i had to sell it tho 

Ataemommy
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I wouldn't. I don't like the jujus associated with dickheads. 

Also your boyfriend is a financial idiot. I wouldn't marry someone who was that shitty with money. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)