Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant Again?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

So I just had DD she's 9 weeks. The period I had ended on 12-15-11. Last time I did the deed was 12-20-11. I have taken three early pregnancy  tests, all negative. I wonder if I am pregnant and my hormones aren't showing because I just had a  baby. But I knew really early with DD, the line on the test was soo faint though. DH wants a boy...lol.  Anybody have any ideas...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mirabile_visu
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I would just go to the OB and get a blood test! Good luck! I'm TTC right now :]

motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I don't know about you specifically, but generally your fertile days start about 14 days before your expected period. Five days after your period is pretty soon to be fertile. Also, if the line is not there, you are probably not pregnant. I would say wait a week and test again. Are you trying to get pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Its pretty normal for your period to be out of wack after having a baby, but I say wait a week or so and take another or if you cannot wait, go see your ob. :) Good Luck!

Ataemommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM

You know your period doesn't really get back to normal for a while, right? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I guess I'm hoping. DH wants lots of babies! And I want them all out early, lol. I just wondered if the prior pergnancy could knock the hormones wacky.

Quoting Ataemommy:

"Allah! There is no god but He - the living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creature As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The supreme (in glory)."
[Surah al-Baqarah 2:255]
Ataemommy
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess I'm hoping. DH wants lots of babies! And I want them all out early, lol. I just wondered if the prior pergnancy could knock the hormones wacky.

Quoting Ataemommy:

Yes. Your vagina and uterus don't know their asses from their elbows right now. It can take months for you to get back to normal and be on a regular schedule. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM

hahahaha! Vagina and uterus don't know about there ases and elbows! I seriously laughed really hard and it's dead quet in my house. lol.

Quoting Ataemommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ataemommy:

Yes. Your vagina and uterus don't know their asses from their elbows right now. It can take months for you to get back to normal and be on a regular schedule. 

mdatca
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM

It does happen.  Have you ever heard the term Irish twins?  Some women are just baby making machines.  Although your body probably will need a little more tme to bounce back.   I had my 4 fairly quick.  Feb 86, Jan 88, July 90 and finally Oct 92.  The time between 2 and 3 and 3 and 4 was longer than I would have like but DH was deployed.  I will say by the time 4 rolled around my body was wrecked and after a hard pregnancy ending with a emergency c-section I had a tubal as the Dr said that if I got pregnant again within the few years I would be at high risk for uterine collapse.  So don't rush thngs to much and let your body recover.  If you think about it nature would pretty much have a female reproduce in about a 3 year cycle.  Birth year, first year, weaning year then start over.  That is why woman who are nursing usually don't conceive and then between 2 and 3 kids have their teeth and can get their nutrition from food and naturally ween.  I am not saying that this true in every case but it is the ideal.  Historically before we had birth control, formula and the modern conveniences that is the cycle of things.

MamaLub
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Take a little time to enjoy this baby. Having two or three babies in diapers is not the most awesome thing ever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM

We have a 2 1/2 yr old too...If I am it wasn't on purpose but we did get excited at the thought. It would be difficult though.

Quoting MamaLub:

Take a little time to enjoy this baby. Having two or three babies in diapers is not the most awesome thing ever

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)