• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your SO and action figures...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
  • 46 Replies

OK, so my BF collects action figues.  He loves collecting and building his collections.  It is something that he has done since he was little.  He pays all his bills and stuff first, and sets aside a special spending limit so that he doesn't go all crazy about it.  He jokes and calls them his plastic crack.

I know that a lot of guys (and some women) collect action figures.  How do you deal with them collecting?  Is it an issue?  Has he ever spent bill money, or other money, on buying them?

He is the one that asked me to post this too, lol.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM

bump

Celtic_Dragon
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I think it's kinda cute. My husband doesn't collect action figures though. LOL. My ex does but his isn't a huge collection and he didn't spend money he didn't have on them or anything.

mirabile_visu
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

My DH doesn't collect, but he plays the heck out of video games. As long as bills are paid, I let him have at it!!! They shouldn't have to stop having fun just because they are married and have a family, am I right? :)

P.S. Your little girl is freaking adorable. 

AdellesMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:56 PM
He doesn't. However, he loves all the action movies about action figures!! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allhalls
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:56 PM

My DH had been collecting forever!! He has LOTR and Marvel and DBZ just to name a few. I got into it to an extent, he introduced me to comic books and I have some of the comic book characters that I like. He has never not paid the bills to get them but he does splurge a little at tax time each year. He has some that he has opened and some that he won't ever open. He had some that he gave the kids and then when they got broken he FLIPPED!!! LOL. 

tinkerbellbay
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I don't know anyone who does this lol but idk what I would think
waitingonelmo
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Mine does!! Marvel ones and some ninja turtles. He has tubs put away that the kids arent aloud to mess with. Never spent bill money, but he has sent his lunch money. Lol he is a tad obsessed. I tease him but its all in fun. And my hubby is a big guy, into working out and not a nerd at all. Its just something his grandfather was into and passed onto him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Giger55
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM
When he & I met money was scarce he sold all of his original transformers, worth 2500 dollars, I know it broke his heart & it broke mine for him to do it. For our first wedding anniversary I found the original optimus truck for a good chunk of money but it was SO worth his smile. In moderation I think it's ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Thank you! 

I see nothing wrong with it, and I pick on him to no end.  It's so funny.  I call him my geek/nerd whatever happens to come out of my mouth.  lol

Quoting mirabile_visu:

My DH doesn't collect, but he plays the heck out of video games. As long as bills are paid, I let him have at it!!! They shouldn't have to stop having fun just because they are married and have a family, am I right? :)

mirabile_visu
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Same! LOL.. we just have fun picking on each other... I have my quirks too!

Quoting annas_momma:

Thank you! 

I see nothing wrong with it, and I pick on him to no end.  It's so funny.  I call him my geek/nerd whatever happens to come out of my mouth.  lol

Quoting mirabile_visu:

Erica
Married to TJ 9-27-2011
Eric Lee 1-03-2007 via c-section
Gideon James 10-10-2011 via c-section ~ passed away 10-30-2011
R.I.P. My beautiful, little boy!

I love my boys! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)