Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom arrested after getting 10 year old a tattoo.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
A 31-year-old Acworth mom was arrested by the Acworth Police Department this week on a charge of misdemeanor child cruelty after getting her 10-year-old son a tattoo.

Now police are seeking the tattoo artist who did the illegal work, the Marietta Daily Journal reports.

Chuntera Napier, who lives on Bakers Grove Road, was booked into the Cobb County jail early Wednesday and released a few hours later on a $1,000 bond, jail records show.

She had allowed her son, Gaquan, to get a tattoo honoring his older brother, Malik, who died at age 12 after being hit by a car in Macon two years ago, according to WSB Channel 2.

Napier herself has a "Rest in Peace Malik" tattoo among several others, according to her jail booking report.

She told Channel 2 she didn't know it was illegal for her son to get a tattoo, and it wasn't just a gift but something he wanted to remember his brother.

It is illegal in Georgia for anyone under 18 to be tattooed except for medical reasons.

Napier was arrested after someone at Gaquan'sschool noticed the tattoo on his arm and contacted authorities, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution said.

A Smyrna tattoo artist did the work, the AJC reported, although Napier is not helping police find the man, who also could face charges, police Maj. Wayne Dennard told the MDJ.

I dont know if she's playing stupid, or if she truly didn't know it was illegal. Would you let your 10 yr old get a tattoo? I know I wouldn't, 10 is way too young!! Even if it is in memory of someone, they can wait until they are 18, or 16 w/my consent (legal in some states).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I would not let my child get anything permanant done until they were older and able to make a good decision for themselves. My daughter now 23 got lotas of tats when she was 18 and 19 and now regrets them. I wish she would have asked me before doing it. I never though she was interested in tats but when I saw them I was so sad. They were poorly done and I think she made a poor choice... I have tats. But I never got them until I was in my 30's. 

Senkaxx
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Oh for the love of...
What is wrong with this world :S
Bri060492
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I agree with her. I'm sorry the kid wanted to remember his brother. He lost his older brother, now they are going to take his mother away too. Great fucking country why don't they go save the kids that are actually being abused and neglected.

MsSpice
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Ten years old is just too young to get a tattoo, whether the mom thought it was legal or not.

BetcCarter
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I would never do it...but it is her chlid.

Sunshine257
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM

No I wouldn't do that. I have a tattoo and regret it. My son will have to wait till the legal age.

India-Monet
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM

My sister lost her oldest son. He was murdered at age 21 in 2006. She allowed her 14 year old to get a Rest In Peace with a cross tattooed across his back. Alex, my late nephew and I were close in age and he was like a brother to me. I have his portrait tattooed on my arm. I was upset my sister allowed the tattoo on my nephew because it was bootleg and I encouraged aids and hep test.  In Ohio I see plenty of teens getting bootleg tattoos. Sometimes it makes the news because the tattoo artist were accused of using dirty needles and spreading hepatitis. Iillegal tattoos are a Dangerous Fad!! 

I find it interesting people can pierce baby's ears but can't tatoo them.

metzeli
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Dh and I are both tattooed and peirced. We made the desicion that our girls will not be allowed to get any until 18. They can however get periced at 16 if they want. The reason being that if they regret it a peircing is alot easier to take out and let heal than a tat.

What i don't get is her son was onlyu ten, Yes I understand that it was a memorial peice for his brother and her son. But still stupid and on top of it if shes not giving up the shop ofthe person that did it. It was someone who was close to her that did it. I for damn sure wouldnt go to jail for tattoo artist.

BellaBlondie
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting phoenixmom2011:

My husband who is a tattoo artist will not tattoo anyone under the age of 18. Our children and neices and nephews all know that he will give them one for their 18th birthday for free providing that they do not have anyother tatoos. My idiot of a sister let her 15 year old get a huge upper back piece and the artist messed it up. She wants my husband to fix it or do a cover up on it and his response is you did not wait until you were 18 and so until you are 18 you will live with it. She has 2 more years until he will fix it, and he will not be doing it for free.

There are many reasons you must be 18 to get tattoos, one big one is infection it is an open wound, another allergies to the ink, rejection of ink, and god forbid they regret the tattoo because they no longer like barbie, or billy is not their best friend any more because he stole their toy, or he is mean to them now. Hello use your brain people.

Your husband is a wise man.  Provide an incentive to wait, and a consequence for not waiting...perfect.

cythina208
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Nothing surprises with parents these days. Some people have kids and kids do not have a choice. Parents believed they can do what ever they want. It is not the parents body it is the childs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN