Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you could...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

Go back in time to visit yourself in one point in your life, and give yourself advice, when and what would it be?  It can only be for say, 60 seconds, so it has to be clear and quick. But your past self will have to listen and do what you say. (I don't know if my silly young self would want to listen, so I had to throw that in, lol. )  

What would it change for you?  What do you think would be different now?  I always enjoy what if questions, so I thought this would be fun.  Hope you ladies think so too! :)

by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Don't drink so many shots in mourning of the break up of my college ex and I. I did pretty bad things living at the beach and drinking too many shots and being on the rebound...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cukimonster
by Cuki on Jan. 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I would go back to my 18 year old self and say "Do not move in with your HS boyfriend! It doesn't work out. Take up your grandparents on their offer to help you with school, and go!"  I would have a college education, and hopefully a job, if not the opportunity to get one when I needed too.  I am planning on going back to school now, at 27.  But I would have been a lot smarter to go before kids, and when I had help o pay for it.  

Sheraymonet
by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't marry him.

NDADanceMom

I would say... "see that wierd kid next door with the thick glasses and greasy hair?  You think he does all those strange projects in his yard because he is a loner.  The truth is he is lonely.  The truth is he has loved you his whole life and someday you will love him back.  He is a good kid and will be a great man.  Spend some time with him because if you do maybe he wont spend his whole life doubting himself."

reese1206
1 mom liked this
No one is perfect. You Will make mistakes. Learn from them and move forward. You are only human. Trying to always be perfect Will only depress you because no one is. Try your hardest and be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexa86
by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM

i would tell myself not to date the first 3 guys. and to dump the 4th.

unfortunately, that would mean my kids would never have existed.

so as i cant do that, i would tell myself to watch out for my sisters- i know one of them at least needed extra supervision!

chocolat-smiles
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 6:46 PM

honestly i don't know cuz anything i change would mean my first born not existing and i can't agree with that thought lol

mamma2mygirls
by Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I would tell myself to really think about all my actions. How could my decisions now affect me later. How will I feel about my decisions ten years from now when I'm married with children.

I really regret my tattoos lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)