Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A fellow mom and her son's needs our help please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone.  I would like to ask if you all could please pass this link on to all of your social media sources and to all of your friends and family.  A fellow mom is in danger and could really use some help that she has not been able to receive.  Thank you all so very much!!  We need to help each other. Please help get the word out and help them, please!!

www.indiegogo.com/Domestic-Violence-please-help-mom-and-4-son's?a=357077

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Sad story. I don't understand why she got turned away from a battered woman's shelter. As soon as she gets enough money to get out of there whether it be an apartment or whatever, that's what she needs to do. It's going to take a long time to raise 225,000. I understand donating to get her on her feet, but I would honestly never ask people for that much cash. I would just want enough to get on my feet and food on the table.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Its sad they turn women away. I was turned away twice from the womens shelter here. The cop even called and told them I was in danger and had no where to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Im really not believing a woman needs 225k to leave.  If she wants to leave really 2k would be enough or even 200, enough for a hotel room and time to get PA. this just doesn't seem to be too true.  And I have worked for shelters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN