Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was two seconds from punching someone in the face today...

Posted by   + Show Post

So, today I decided to go with my BFF and take my girls to go see Beauty and the Beast 3D.  We had gotten there super early, so we were in the common area waiting to go in.  We were at a movie theatre okay...not the 100.00 a meal steak house. 

My youngest (barely 2) had a complete break down.  I will admit her scream was horrid.  I picked her up and brought her in the bathroom to get her clamed down.  On the way in to the bathroom everyone was staring at us.  Fine I get it.

We get in the bathroom and I sat her on the counter where we were eye to eye and told her she had to stop or we were leaving.  She whimpered for a few seconds, but calmed down quickly.  Once we got in the bathroom there wasn't even any screaming. 

This BITCH looks over at the lady she was with and said "Great look like our movie is going to be ruined".  I shot a look at her, but didn't say anything.  She then looked straight back at me and said "Don't look at me like that.  I deserve to be able to enjoy watching my movie without hearing your kid scream".  To which I responded "Is your movie playing in the bathroom?  Are you going to see Beauty and the Beast...A CHILD'S movie?  If the answer is NO, which I presume it is, then shut your mouth.  My child is not ruining anything for you."  Her friend  (or family member...IDK) quickly got her out of the bathroom.

Seriously.  WTF.  Can I not even take my kids to a children's movie without someone being hateful?  I never ever take my children to non family friendly places.  Trust me I didn't want to hear her scream anymore than the next person.  It's not like I let her scream in the movie for 10 minutes.  I did the best thing I knew how and it worked.  She was fine the rest of the time.  I just really hate people right now.  I am still so angry she was just such a bitch.  :(

by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-15):
Lauraleigh55
by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugggsss!!!.... Several years ago we went to see Kung Fu Panda when my DD was 4 and she was being miserable and as I grabbed her to carry her out she threw up all over the place...on people in front of us...behind us and in the aisle!!!!! OMG!!!!! I couldn't get small enough to disappear :) soooooo then I'm in the bathroom and in walks this woman and her daughter...both proudly wearing some of my DDs vomit and this mother couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful to us...and yepppers she is one of my bestest gfs to this day though I have to beg her to go to the movies with us lolololol
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Man what is it with rude ass people? I would have said much much worse to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michellerain
by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Women seem to be getting more & more hateful these days..:( it sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Oh no!!!! Thank goodness they were so nice.

Quoting Lauraleigh55:

Hugggsss!!!.... Several years ago we went to see Kung Fu Panda when my DD was 4 and she was being miserable and as I grabbed her to carry her out she threw up all over the place...on people in front of us...behind us and in the aisle!!!!! OMG!!!!! I couldn't get small enough to disappear :) soooooo then I'm in the bathroom and in walks this woman and her daughter...both proudly wearing some of my DDs vomit and this mother couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful to us...and yepppers she is one of my bestest gfs to this day though I have to beg her to go to the movies with us lolololol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Oh you see my title, I wanted to punch her. Obviously though when your kids are around its a different situation.

Quoting Jamie1972:

Man what is it with rude ass people? I would have said much much worse to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)