Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There is only so much of being a freaking jungle gym that a mom can take! Give me some personal space!!!!!

I'm so tired of being touched and climbed on 24/7. I'm not feeling well today, I just want to cry the next time today that a little hand or foot touches me or a little skull headbutts me in the cheekbone or my hair gets pulled!

Dear husband, it is your turn until after dinner or it's going to be something like "honey badger don't give a shit!"

Edit - oh come on, child! Of course you fall asleep as soon as daddy is almost home. T_T now he's going to be like "but she's being a perfect angel!"

Haha.. joys of motherhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
ShhhItsASecret
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Ugh I hate being a jungle gym, even when I'm not sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Been there, done that. And then the hubby wouldn't quite get why I wasn't in the mood for sex after a major velcro-day on the kids' part @@

kittn370
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Oh GOD I remember that phase.  I wanted to lock myself in my bathroom with a pair of headphones for a week or two at a time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM

My daughter thought that privacy meant that you had to poop because every time I would have to poop I would just ask for some privacy. I explained the difference between privacy and company and I tell her she can provide me company when I pee but when I poop I would like some privacy. (She's almost 3.)

Pumpkin_Lady
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM

My little one year old is totally a Mama's boy, lol. He loves sitting in my lap and being carried by me, though he can walk very well. Most of the times, I love it, but at times I'm like 'Baby, aren't your toys more fun?' Nope. I feel you, OP. I figure I might as well enjoy t now because there will come a time when he won't be so attached to me and I'll miss it.

tezell78
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:34 AM
oh mama, i'm right there with ya! There are times where i look at my adorable darling miracle son and think, i could invent velcro gloves and make a million dollars, which i would spend on a nice quiet isolation room for myself. Lol. Hang in there mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I know exactly how you feel! lol 

Photobucket

lightning918
by Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 3:11 AM
The number of times in a day that I say stop touching me, hands off, nice touches for mommy must number in the hundreds. My one yr old is constantly slapping, pinching, climbing on me, and headbutting me.
smtxcowgirl
by Bitch please on Jan. 26, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Oh God I know how all of you feel.  DS is constantly climbing on me, jumping on me, etc.  I can't stand it.  I love him so much but damn, I tell him "Calm down!"  when he gets in his jumpy mood.  Then  I feel bad because I know all he wants is to be near me and hug me.  

Stephanie329
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

It's only temporary, keep that in mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured