Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession - I was Fired. Longish

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

In October, I was fired for something I posted on Facebook. Here's a little background: I was working at a dental office in the front desk for over a year. I have two bosses. Boss A is a male who is older and is the nicest boss I've ever had. Boss B is a young female who comes from money and thinks that everyone is her slave. I had a review with both bosses and boss A gave me a great review. Boss B said I do nothing all day (far from true. I cleaned up there A/R completely and more) and that I do everything wrong in other words. Feeling discouraged after the review, that night I posted on facebook how obviously I suck especially to one person. Fellow coworkers commented and said some very sweet things, but one gal, who I thought was my friend, showed it to boss B. The next day, they waited till the end of the day to fire me. I was fired because I was not exceeding expectations. Boss A was very sweet and said sorry and also told me I could use him as a reference. Boss B walked out of the room after she said it and never said anything to me. I have not worked since, but I am looking for a job :/

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:46 AM

That's why I'm very careful not to post anything about work on my FB. Not to mention, I don't want to unintentionally violate HIPPA (I'm a nurse). Plus, my employer had me sign a waiver stating that I would not mention the name of where I work anywhere on the internet. 

I'm sorry this happened to you though. I hope you find a job soon. Good luck. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Rule #1: Don't post about anything work-related on Facebook, if coworkers and/or bosses are on your list. Even if it sounds like it could be about anything, it will always be possibly obviously related to something that happened at work and will get back to someone.

Too bad no one told you this before it happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Honey, I mean this in the nicest possible way but that's really just common sence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Thats why my page is private and if I post about my jobs I block any co workers from that post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM
I am sorry you were fired. But really? How do people not know in this day and age that they should not talk about work on Facebook? And to have friends from work as your friends and still talk shit? I just don't get it. I have a kinda crappy job where neither of my bosses give a crap about Facebook and I still wouldn't ever dream of complaining on there. Anyway, that sucks that you got.fired. she sounds like a bitch. But it was totally your fault. I hope you have learned your lesson and keep.your mouth shut next time, even.if your boss sucks. Lots of them do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM
I got banned from my workplace after I got fired for posting on Facebook. This chick was our replacement manager bc her mommy and daddy owned the business, well I covered her ass for weeks while she went to the spa, or just sat in the office on her fat ass all day. I posted "it must be nice to be born with a silver spoon, and have mommy and daddy buy everything you want in life. I wish you knew what it meant to work for $1." Someone showed the district manager and when I went in for my check she confronted me and I said "freedom of speech b*tch, f*ck off" and she was so scared she just walked away lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DCMsMommy
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 3:03 AM

what a bitch

BonnieRay
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 3:43 AM

It is best to treat ALL social media as a public forum. But if you really feel a need to vent, especially on Facebook, I would suggest having separate 'personal' and 'work' accounts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 26, 2012 at 4:15 AM

Yes I agree about the whole don't post on facebook thing but, they fired you the day after your review? I would look into suing (and of course tell the lawyer about the facebook post) but if today you have a review and everything is ok and they don't fire you and then tomorrow you get fired, that's wrong. Plus they actually gave you a reason for being fired. In Texas it's an at will state so if they don't like you they can fire you and don't have to state a reason but if the day of your review you were doing a good enough job to keep it how can the next day you not be "exceeding expectations." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)