Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding Rings & Engagement Rings!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Show your rings!!!;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Replies (61-70):
BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this

here's a pic on me on my wedding day . . . sorry if they look too small jlynnf, I was 3 months pregnant . . .

Here's some picks from the website

Princess Diamond Engagement Ring 1ctwMatching Diamond Band 1/2ctw

Since my asthma flared and I was put on steroids, I can no longer wear my rings due to swelling so we're saving up for a new one which will hold my original stone

JT32606_
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM
once the swelling in my hands go down ( i just gave birth sunday) ill get my rings back on! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM
2 moms liked this

its 10 karats.  LOL joking but I seriously question a fancy ring that isnt on a hand.

SiriSilasMom
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I love yours. My husband has a similar band.

Quoting luv2nap:

we are actually in the process of getting a new set - he has never had a ring and now he wants one... we are doing a black and white deal... here is his 

and this will be my band

samanthaleah84
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Simple solitare that sparkles like crazy! I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megandcailey08
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Mine is a family heirloom. Hand made in Italy during world war 2. Platinum. I love it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zionsmom1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I don't know... My old set I got from Kays and as long as I was taking it in to get checked 2x a year they would do all of that for free!! They fixed prongs for free, they sized for free, they sautered my rings for free. That was in the warranty at least, so if everyone doesn't have a warranty maybe? Also, moissanite is its own stone, it is man made but its not like a cz where its trying to be a diamond, its its own thing. Some people wear it because it looks sorta like a diamond I know but there are people I have met that are just proud of it, being its own thing. I worked with a jeweler for awhile, well I was just a sales assoc. at a store but learned a lot from the owner and it was fun seeing all the stones that would come in. I have seen a black diamond as well, I have never heard its poor quality. I would bet those womans black stones are diamonds.

Quoting jessie82087:

LOL honey, I work in the jewelry business, so yes, you're wrong. And if it's a "cheap ass ring" a jeweler WON'T size it, period. I've never heard of a jeweler up-sizing a ring for free. That would be FOOLISH on their part considering the price of gold.

And people go to pawnshops for that because it's cheaper than going to a jeweler.

Quoting jlynnf:

if it's not a cheap ass ring and yoh go to where it was bought then yes it usually is free.

who goes to a pawn shop for that??

Quoting jessie82087:

Umm..no. It is almost NEVER free, unless you're friends with the jeweler. Gold is EXPENSIVE, and a jeweler is not gonna do it for free, and lose money. Even a pawn shop will charge you about 50 bucks to get your ring resized bigger.

Quoting jlynnf:

im not being e badass at all. i would never embarrass myself and wear a ring that is too small and looks like my finger has no circulation.

im sure it fit great when you got married but if you gain weight, it's not a big deal to get it resized. it's usually free.

Quoting MissLeanna:

Sometimes being E-badass is cool. Times like this, it just makes you look dumb. Their rings are fine.

Quoting jlynnf:

umm... some of you need to get your rings resized. bigger.

CAgirlMNboy
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Wedding set

Hopefully the picture isn't too big or small.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

My rings are simple, I love them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlynnf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this
im not rude or worried about it. im not gonna keep coming back here and repeating myself. i just think it looks ridiculous and i personally wouldnt want a tiny ring if i had fat fingers.

Quoting BraedynsMom414:

Why do you worry about it? Is it bothering you that much you have to be rude?

Quoting jlynnf:

umm... some of you need to get your rings resized. bigger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN