Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Castor oil to help things along...**Update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

So I am due in about 2 weeks...but I am READY to get this kid out. I am sooooooooo tempted to use Castor Oil...(I have a bottle in my cabinet) I have used it 2 times before and it has worked BOTH times...I know a LOT of people are against using it, but I have never had an issue with it. I always just make sure I take plenty of fluids in the day before take the oil and the day I actually TAKE the oil.

Ugh I am so mixed...part of me REALLY wants to take it...and part of me is too scared of all the judgement.

What do you think? Have you ever used it? If so did it work?

**Update**

So I have decided NOT to take the oil. I've been contemplating it...and something is just telling me not to do it, so I'm not. I'll just have to try some other safer ways to help things along...I think a more fun method would be...SEX with DH =-)

Oh well...Wish me luck ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I tried it and it didn't work. What's wrong with trying it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ataemommy
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:52 PM
It's a myth. You'll just shit everywhere.

People are still believing in this crap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never use it. It's dangerous. Stop bein selfish and wait for baby to one when it's ready. Do other things like walkin or sex to simulate labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Well I know that if baby isn't ready it wont work. I know the SAFE way to take it...and I am taking all precautions that I can.

And Yes I guess since I've taken it twice before and it worked both times...I DO believe in that "Crap".

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Someone suggested I use it on here, and I didn't once I found all the dangerous things it could cause.

I had my baby 5 days late though lol.

"If you cannot accept me at my worst, you do not deserve me at my best."- Marilyn Monroe

If being a stubborn, opinionated, educated, headstrong, beautiful woman makes me a b!tch, so be it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM

How am I being selfish? It wont work unless the baby is truly ready to come...nothing will. And how is it dangerous? There is nothing that proves it makes the baby poo while in utero...actually there is more to disprove that...and as long as I keep drinking water and staying hydrated... dehydration will NOT be an issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never use it. It's dangerous. Stop bein selfish and wait for baby to one when it's ready. Do other things like walkin or sex to simulate labor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM
It can work. I did it too. What judgement will u really face unless u tell someone. especially on cm, we don't know u irl...do what u want. Your life, your baby, your body!
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Don't use castor oil. It doesn't even work. Have sex, walk around or just wait. You're not even due yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Just wait for the baby to be ready.
Every day counts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
So why use it at all if you know it won't work if the baby ain't ready ? Just to give your self the craps

Quoting Anonymous:

How am I being selfish? It wont work unless the baby is truly ready to come...nothing will. And how is it dangerous? There is nothing that proves it makes the baby poo while in utero...actually there is more to disprove that...and as long as I keep drinking water and staying hydrated... dehydration will NOT be an issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)