Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Castor oil to help things along...**Update**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I am due in about 2 weeks...but I am READY to get this kid out. I am sooooooooo tempted to use Castor Oil...(I have a bottle in my cabinet) I have used it 2 times before and it has worked BOTH times...I know a LOT of people are against using it, but I have never had an issue with it. I always just make sure I take plenty of fluids in the day before take the oil and the day I actually TAKE the oil.

Ugh I am so mixed...part of me REALLY wants to take it...and part of me is too scared of all the judgement.

What do you think? Have you ever used it? If so did it work?

**Update**

So I have decided NOT to take the oil. I've been contemplating it...and something is just telling me not to do it, so I'm not. I'll just have to try some other safer ways to help things along...I think a more fun method would be...SEX with DH =-)

Oh well...Wish me luck ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Replies (51-57):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I used it for my son. I was in what they told me was "pre" labor for 48 hours.  I was having hard contractions the whole time every 4 mins.  The doctor asked if I had used the bathroom recently and I hadn't.  She told me to take 2 tablespoons and take a hot bath.  A few hours later I went to the bathroom and right after were hit by even harder contractions every min.  We rushed to the hospital and my son was born with in 4 mins of the doctor breaking my water.  I was only at the hospital 20 mins.  The doc said between the constapation and my son had to much fluid were the reason I wasn't progressing.  I walked, had sex, ate pineapples everything I could.  I don't think I would have taken it if it wasn't for being in labor already for so long. 

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM

My Granny told me to rub it on my belly instead of drinking it.

I was 7 days passed my due date & was going to try it that night but Elijah got the hint & my water broke before I could try. haha

I myself would personally NEVER drink that shit.

pmcs
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Just be patient and let the baby grow. Another 2 weeks wont kill you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I am going to...if you read the previous comments you will see why I wanted to take it in the first place. 2 weeks could harm my baby, but unless sometyhing goes wrong...I am not allowing myself to be induced.

I think the ladie shere gave me some confidence =-)

Quoting pmcs:

Just be patient and let the baby grow. Another 2 weeks wont kill you.

mstkn.identity
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Um hun. I had GD. They wanted to induce me at 36 wks saying baby was going to be 13 pounds. I said bullshit you are not inducing me.

He then said fine a c section or induction at 39 wks. Again i said bull shit. Babe will come when he wants. He said you are going to kill your baby.

Dec 5th 2008 at 38.6 wks i went into labor on my own. That mornin they did a us and doc said you need a c section baby will be 13 pounds.

I said nope. Baby was born 8 hours later. Not only was it a vaginal birth but baby only weighed 8.5 pounds.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish I could...But I have GD and the baby is abnormally large already. They wont let me go much longer. =-(

Quoting Ataemommy:

So tell him no. Then wait another 4 weeks because your child might NEED that time to grow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah and he wants to induce me with Pitocin this week, and I REALLY do NOT want that! IMO Castor Oil would be a better option. MY OB ok'd the Castor oil too...

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Does your doctor know your body don't go in to labor ? I understand being uncomfortable being pregnant I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. I've been walking , sex , nipple stimulation to try and get things going for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my body has issues going into labor on it's own...even when the baby is ready. The worse that could happen here is...I get the shits...and since I've been relatively constipated lately...I'm not sure that would be a BAD thing lol.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

So why use it at all if you know it won't work if the baby ain't ready ? Just to give your self the craps

Quoting Anonymous:

How am I being selfish? It wont work unless the baby is truly ready to come...nothing will. And how is it dangerous? There is nothing that proves it makes the baby poo while in utero...actually there is more to disprove that...and as long as I keep drinking water and staying hydrated... dehydration will NOT be an issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never use it. It's dangerous. Stop bein selfish and wait for baby to one when it's ready. Do other things like walkin or sex to simulate labor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Please read my update and previous post...

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Um hun. I had GD. They wanted to induce me at 36 wks saying baby was going to be 13 pounds. I said bullshit you are not inducing me.

He then said fine a c section or induction at 39 wks. Again i said bull shit. Babe will come when he wants. He said you are going to kill your baby.

Dec 5th 2008 at 38.6 wks i went into labor on my own. That mornin they did a us and doc said you need a c section baby will be 13 pounds.

I said nope. Baby was born 8 hours later. Not only was it a vaginal birth but baby only weighed 8.5 pounds.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish I could...But I have GD and the baby is abnormally large already. They wont let me go much longer. =-(

Quoting Ataemommy:

So tell him no. Then wait another 4 weeks because your child might NEED that time to grow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah and he wants to induce me with Pitocin this week, and I REALLY do NOT want that! IMO Castor Oil would be a better option. MY OB ok'd the Castor oil too...

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Does your doctor know your body don't go in to labor ? I understand being uncomfortable being pregnant I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. I've been walking , sex , nipple stimulation to try and get things going for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my body has issues going into labor on it's own...even when the baby is ready. The worse that could happen here is...I get the shits...and since I've been relatively constipated lately...I'm not sure that would be a BAD thing lol.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

So why use it at all if you know it won't work if the baby ain't ready ? Just to give your self the craps

Quoting Anonymous:

How am I being selfish? It wont work unless the baby is truly ready to come...nothing will. And how is it dangerous? There is nothing that proves it makes the baby poo while in utero...actually there is more to disprove that...and as long as I keep drinking water and staying hydrated... dehydration will NOT be an issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never use it. It's dangerous. Stop bein selfish and wait for baby to one when it's ready. Do other things like walkin or sex to simulate labor.

mstkn.identity
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Oh i did momma. I was just sharing my dr's jerkness about women with GD having to be induced at 39 wks.

Dr's love to use scare tactics, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Please read my update and previous post...

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ataemommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)