Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Biggest FAIL in a relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I talk about my ex RARELY, but it does happen because we had a kid together. SO has no other kids besides ours and all of a sudden the other night he starts talking about how he played football in high school and how he was on homecoming court and so was his girlfriend and he went to his girlfriends hosue all the time and bla bla bla. 

Okay I get it. You are reminiscing but when I reminisce about my past I censor it and leave out the part about my boyfriends. Him talking about his high school girlfriend wouldnt bug me so much, but a LOOONG time ago I got onto his facebook and saw messages he sent to her about him loving her so much but at that time he didnt know how to show it and how beautiful she was.Its probably not a big deal but its been bugging me for a couple days. He hasnt talked about her or any other woman for a long time so its probably just that he was thinking about high school.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
talopa
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I am friends with most of my ex es on FB and at times they do reminise about the past it doesnt mean that anything is going to or will ever happen its just our past and something we have in common. I have also written to them about things that I regretted just to make a mense. my DH doesnt like when I bring up my ex es at all so I choose not to make him uncomfterble even though he always talks about his ex and she will forever be in our lives because they have two kids together. . . dont let this bug you he probably just feels like he can be that open and honest with you . . that should be a compliment to the trust he as to confide in you. . dont ruin that . . . just smile and turn around and vent on here

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Yeah, all I said was "oh we're talking about exes now?" right after he mentioned it. It would probably be different if he didn't get pissed sometimes when I bring up my 3yos dad. He works at a fast food restaraunt that my SO goes to a lot (winner, I know) and I asked SO once if he saw him and he got all mad and said he doesnt think about my ex. 

Quoting talopa:

I am friends with most of my ex es on FB and at times they do reminise about the past it doesnt mean that anything is going to or will ever happen its just our past and something we have in common. I have also written to them about things that I regretted just to make a mense. my DH doesnt like when I bring up my ex es at all so I choose not to make him uncomfterble even though he always talks about his ex and she will forever be in our lives because they have two kids together. . . dont let this bug you he probably just feels like he can be that open and honest with you . . that should be a compliment to the trust he as to confide in you. . dont ruin that . . . just smile and turn around and vent on here

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Wow let it go...! I am friends with all of my exs and they even visit my home and are friendly with my husband. I think you are over reacting. Maybe you need to gain some more security in your relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Wow let it go...! I am friends with all of my exs and they even visit my home and are friendly with my husband. I think you are over reacting. Maybe you need to gain some more security in your relationship.

you may be right but he's the one who's always made a big deal about it. i have a gay best friend who is a man, strictly platonic. when i talk about him he used to get mad about it.

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Well then maybe you both need some security in your relationship... Work on trust and it shouldnt be an issue.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

you may be right but he's the one who's always made a big deal about it. i have a gay best friend who is a man, strictly platonic. when i talk about him he used to get mad about it.

DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM

If you are with someone else I don't see why it is bothering you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM

wha??

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:47 PM

you mention you have an SO and then you mention that your ex brought up a past relationship.  I just don't understand that if you have an SO now why its bothering you at all. Seems like if you have a new partner you would have moved on.

Quoting Anonymous:

wha??

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I said I rarely talk about my ex, meaning I don't really bring it up with my SO. My SO started talking about HIS ex the other day.

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

you mention you have an SO and then you mention that your ex brought up a past relationship.  I just don't understand that if you have an SO now why its bothering you at all. Seems like if you have a new partner you would have moved on.

Quoting Anonymous:

wha??

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh okay makes more sense now lol  

Quoting Anonymous:

I said I rarely talk about my ex, meaning I don't really bring it up with my SO. My SO started talking about HIS ex the other day.

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

Quoting Anonymous:

wha??

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN