Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being selfish

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM
  • 35 Replies

So for the first time ever my annual budget worked and now when we get our tax return we dont have anything to spend it on...

My hubby wants to just pay ahead on the house and maybe spend some on the kids but I would like a tummy tuck...

Im a mother of 3 and we have decided we are offically done... I make 90% of the income that comes into the home... yes...I am a sugar momma!!  So I feel that sinces its my hard earned money and I have toated around this extra weight for 13 some years now, its my turn to do something for me...

Is that too selfish??? Should I feel guilty that I would rather spend it on mt then my family? (I dont)

by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmack40487
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Nope. As long as your bills are paid and it won't put too much of a dent in your budget, I wouldn't feel guilty at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Nope.

ReadWriteLuv
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Go for the tummy tuck! You can't put a price on self esteem!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

or you could just work out instead of taking the easy way out and using the money for something the entire family could do. so imo yes you are being selfish.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Well, if you don't need the money for the household then why not? But you might want to put that money into the house and then spend the next year losing any additional weight you want off you and strengthening your abdominal muscles. Tummy tucks work best (and are cheapest) when all they have to remove is excess skin rather than tightening muscles and removing fat.

ReadWriteLuv
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats true. If you still carry extra fat they will want to do a lipo in addition to the tuck. It will add on an extra $2000.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Well, if you don't need the money for the household then why not? But you might want to put that money into the house and then spend the next year losing any additional weight you want off you and strengthening your abdominal muscles. Tummy tucks work best (and are cheapest) when all they have to remove is excess skin rather than tightening muscles and removing fat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Well if you think having a tummy tuck is more important tthen having a place for your family to live then go for it.

fairyjester
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM

it may be a little selfish, but selfish is not bad when we earned it, and i think you do

Scarlettsecret
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Just to clear the air... Im not lazy... I work out at least 5 days a week and have been for over 2 years now... been only able to lose about 20 pounds with just diet and exercise... Been to the doctors too to check my thyroid... no issues there... its just the way I am I guess... Im short and not super overweight but have a big roll of stretched out skin from the kids... several doctors have told me that my skin may never bounce back despite how much I work out... The cost isnt a factor... we have few bills and the ones we have can easily afford... of course the kids would love a vacation and such but I really want this for me no matter the cost...

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You would rather get a tummy tuck then put money into your house. There is many people these days who can't even make payments. Be thankful you can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)