Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im so embarassed to use my wic checks!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

We have a newer car, its obviously not paid off yet...

And I have name brand clothing that I buy on my birthday or after christmas with the money I get from those 2 occassions.

We could live with out the wic checks if my husband would quit racking up credit card debt! I swear to god he has a problem managing money. I pay the bills, ive talked to him so many times, its like he either doesnt care, or doesn't understand just how much the debt is hurtting our family.

For example, today, he went to the dfac (chow hall) on the army base (hes away from us atm) to get lunch, apparently the chow hall was closed, so I guess he was going to go grab food from burger king, or one of the other places to eat on base...since he is away for training he has a military credit card that is to be used to buy things like food with, what does he use instead, or fucking credit card!!!!! Im so livid with him!!!!

This is so fucking embarassing!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
If you can afford your newer car and name brad clothes you don't need wic.

Eta I reread it if it's that much of a problem take his cards away simple as that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cochise
by Dawn on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

omg she isn't his mother...   they really should talk this one out.. 

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Eta I reread it if it's that much of a problem take his cards away simple as that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Yeah, Ive taken his cards away, he just calls the banks tells them he lost them and they send him new ones. Yes we have joint accounts, but there is absolutly NOTHING I can do to stop the bank from reissuing him a card...esp not his star card (military only card, that can only be used at military bases),

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Talking isnt helping! seriously we've been maried for 8 years now, ive been talking to him about this since year 1!!! What else can I do?! I mean really, I want to get out of debt so bad, but every time I make a payment, I get next months statment with charges almost equal to what I paid! So we are getting no where fast!

Quoting Cochise:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Buy him a copy of Dave Ramsay's book - Total Money Makeover.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM
, if he's using money to go out to eat and it's causing her to apply for wic there's a problem. tell, him once amd if it happens again take the cards. if that's the case let me have some extra spending money and apply for wic

Quoting Cochise:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM
If I was in your situation I would honestly leave. I couldn't deal with that. he's a grown man he should know better then that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, Ive taken his cards away, he just calls the banks tells them he lost them and they send him new ones. Yes we have joint accounts, but there is absolutly NOTHING I can do to stop the bank from reissuing him a card...esp not his star card (military only card, that can only be used at military bases),

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Then write your congressmen and senators, because regardless of our debt, even if we had no debt, our pay alone would still qualify us for wic! And no he isn't a private! And we traded in our old cars for ONE car, because the insurance on the newer and only one car was no joke 500 dollars CHEAPER for insurance alone, so yeah, I did the right thing, smaller car payment, less insurance, less gas for the car, I cut down and already have saved us an extra 250 per month just with that switch, but if my dh keeps spending on the cc's its really not helping.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM

You misunderstood, his government travel card, is paid off by the army, not by us, so WHY THE HELL did he feel he needed to use our personal credit card for eating?!?!

Quoting aprilsalcro:

, if he's using money to go out to eat and it's causing her to apply for wic there's a problem. tell, him once amd if it happens again take the cards. if that's the case let me have some extra spending money and apply for wic

Quoting Cochise:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Did you see the eta I misread the op. Chill the hell out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then write your congressmen and senators, because regardless of our debt, even if we had no debt, our pay alone would still qualify us for wic! And no he isn't a private! And we traded in our old cars for ONE car, because the insurance on the newer and only one car was no joke 500 dollars CHEAPER for insurance alone, so yeah, I did the right thing, smaller car payment, less insurance, less gas for the car, I cut down and already have saved us an extra 250 per month just with that switch, but if my dh keeps spending on the cc's its really not helping.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN