Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im so embarassed to use my wic checks!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have a newer car, its obviously not paid off yet...

And I have name brand clothing that I buy on my birthday or after christmas with the money I get from those 2 occassions.

We could live with out the wic checks if my husband would quit racking up credit card debt! I swear to god he has a problem managing money. I pay the bills, ive talked to him so many times, its like he either doesnt care, or doesn't understand just how much the debt is hurtting our family.

For example, today, he went to the dfac (chow hall) on the army base (hes away from us atm) to get lunch, apparently the chow hall was closed, so I guess he was going to go grab food from burger king, or one of the other places to eat on base...since he is away for training he has a military credit card that is to be used to buy things like food with, what does he use instead, or fucking credit card!!!!! Im so livid with him!!!!

This is so fucking embarassing!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Replies (11-12):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I use Wic and am embarassed only when it takes the cashier too long to process the checks.  I also drive a decent car and wear name brand clothing.  But what people don't know is that my Uggs are 3 yrs old and I bought them with the clothing allowance my job gives me. Same goes for the rest of my clothing. My family's safety is important to me and I don't want to drive a car that's about to fall apart or that I have to keep putting a rediculous amount of money into. We pay all of our bills on time and have excellent credit. We don't rely on any other form of PA but don't look down on people that do. Why is having to depend on government help so horrible? Why is it any different than your state applying for a grant to fix the roads?

k9l1c5
by Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I would have him sit down and pay the bills with you. He is never going to understand how much harm this causes if he doesn't see the numbers himself, with only you paying the bills, he racks up the debt and it just gets paid. He doesn't see the consequences. I would also make sure I show him the parts on the credit card statements where it says "if you only pay the minimum balance every month you will end up paying this off in X years and will pay a total of X". Good luck, I'm sure this is hard to deal with!

BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured