Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do people think before they speak?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
I absolutely can't stand that some people arw still s closed minded! I thought racism died years ago? Well me and my boyfriend are always getting stares at us and the kidd when we go out...and some have the nerve to ask if im the nanny cuz my kids look white. Well my daughters are out of a marriage and they are mixed & my bf and I have 5month old who looks exactly like his father...fair skin, blue eyes...so what..way come and ask if they are mine or am I babysitting or say they dont look black like you! It sometimes breaks my heart & mKea me want to fight! Oh...& if I dont let that get to me...they will then begin to ask us why are we togeter...because hes sooo white & i'm so dark! Come on ppl...please grow up...Am I wrong for being so upset????????????
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LilyFlair
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

no they dont.

hellokittyy
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

people have some nerve. 

godsgirl26
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
No u are not wrong for being upset. Some people are just crazy like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

to hell with em op!!some people are just jerks and cant seem to use their brain or heart instead let all the negative shine through..as long as you are happy to hell with em all

wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:27 PM

and no you are not wrong for being upset..you have every right but some people arent even worth the grief :/

VARose018
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

No dear. People can just be plain ignorant. Big hugs for you and your beautiful family. I'm sorry that people do that to you. 

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Not wrong - this is still a hateful country.  While we have come a long way, compared to the rest of the world we have a long way to go...

I'm sorry you have to face ignorance in this day and age...

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Don't let ignorant people hurt your feelings. Your kids know who their mommy is and that is all that matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured