Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not going to apologize.

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM
  • 172 Replies
21 moms liked this

I am not going to apologize to all the mothers that I have offended with my pro breastfeeding messages and to all of you who wonder why I care about how you feed your baby, it's because I am passionate about breastfeeding and educating women so that they can succeed at it. If all but ONE women takes anything my posts say to heart, that is enough for me.  If that's not enough for you, consider this. Why do people care about what other people do with their animals? Why do doctors perform surgeries and provide medical care for free in 3rd world countries? Why do scientists hunting for a cure, stay up late night after night? Why should they care? It's not their dogs, kids, family, friends, etc. 

To the comments about how ff don't push on bf. You don't have to push. The formula companies do it for you. They pushed out the propaganda to your grandmothers, your mothers, and now you. They have spent millions in ads that fill parenting magazines and occasionally tv.  Formula is pushed into my face when I turn the page to finish an article and there is a baby sitting there with a bottle in it's mouth.  It's even worse when the company states that it is "Now even Closer to Breastmilk." That is a slap on the proverbial cheek.  

I'm not going to apologize, because it is how I feel and I am not doing anyone any physical harm. I am not blowing up shoppers who buy formula, I am not going on shooting rampages in bottle factories. I am simply putting out the word. If you chose to ignore it, fine. You don't have to apologize for that. 

by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM
4 moms liked this

No one cares. Go away now like a good little girl.

Quoting FrumpyMama:

I am not going to apologize to all the mothers that I have offended with my pro breastfeeding messages and to all of you who wonder why I care about how you feed your baby, it's because I am passionate about breastfeeding and educating women so that they can succeed at it. If all but ONE women takes anything my posts say to heart, that is enough for me.  If that's not enough for you, consider this. Why do people care about what other people do with their animals? Why do doctors perform surgeries and provide medical care for free in 3rd world countries? Why do scientists hunting for a cure, stay up late night after night? Why should they care? It's not their dogs, kids, family, friends, etc. 

To the comments about how ff don't push on bf. You don't have to push. The formula companies do it for you. They pushed out the propaganda to your grandmothers, your mothers, and now you. They have spent millions in ads that fill parenting magazines and occasionally tv.  Formula is pushed into my face when I turn the page to finish an article and there is a baby sitting there with a bottle in it's mouth.  It's even worse when the company states that it is "Now even Closer to Breastmilk." That is a slap on the proverbial cheek.  

I'm not going to apologize, because it is how I feel and I am not doing anyone any physical harm. I am not blowing up shoppers who buy formula, I am not going on shooting rampages in bottle factories. I am simply putting out the word. If you chose to ignore it, fine. You don't have to apologize for that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I couldn't read past the first sentence.  But here's a bump.

DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel you :)  People have been brainwashed to think formula is comparable to breast milk. lol Yeah Okay (sarcasm) 

Support Breastfeeding!   breastfeedingClick the Link

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Yeah............... OK......................

..guesswho..
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Ok. Whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I'm with you!

thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Why can't people just let it be i get your point we all do however at some point you make people not want to hear shut you have to say because your pushing it so much

I am a breastfeeding mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juliette12
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

thank you
nikki32230
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM
4 moms liked this
I ff so idk if you were talking to me per say but you should never have to apologize for your opinion....:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever you say dear. I wouldn't nurse again if someone paid me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured