Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some serious advice! Please! IDK what this is and it itches so bad!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I got this horrible itchy rash after staying at this co workers house.  The problem is I can't tell my husband about it, because this was a male coworkers house.  I don't know how I got it.  We didn't do anything I swear it!  But my husband wont believe me.  I'm scared to go to the Dr, in case my husband would find out.  What could this be?

Sorry.  I don't have a camera, so I had to draw an illustration.  But as you can see, the rash is on my left cheek off to the left, almost toward my hip.  What could it be?  Im am so freaking out right now!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Replies (181-189):
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I got a rash from sleeping in my sister's spare room when I worked 32 hours a w/e. It was caused by her laundry soap. Tell your husband you went out, got drunk, fell asleep, and this is the rash resulting from the detergent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

My first question is you said "stayed" meaning stayed the night?  I don't think anyone of us can tell you what it is from a drawing. My big recommendation is to go to a clinic where you pay cash and not use insurance. If you are so worried that your husband will know. My other questions is how will he know what you are going for?  If you go to your main doctor you can say it's for something other than your rash.  You may just have a horrible dry skin.  Your husband won't believe you becasue you already told him or do you mean he wouldn't believe you if you told him?  I guess it's a big lesson learned!! No more sort of sneaking around. What if you really got something like an STD!!  There is always those free clinics too if you are worried about where the money will come from. I have not read responses from others, so someone else may have chimmed in. Give the clinic a small amount, some places will give you a cost break. Good luck on this.  If it is bed bug bites, you would see three bites from what I have heard (not sure if that's an old wives tale).  

by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM

period blood

by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you!  Exactly!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is everyone being so mean? She just wants some help with her itchy booty! You wouldn't want an itchy booty would you?............I didn't think so!

 I think a lot of us are not trying to be mean, just real!  We want you to go to a doctor, it's great you asked, now go check it out.  If it was bed bugs, you wouldn't see them and if you had a few drinks I doubt that you would have even noticed them.  I have to think there might be something more for you to worry about. Why you were drinking with another man when you are married. It's not a nasty statement, it just opens up the door to something more and give mixed signals to the guy or girl.  Drinking can really lead to more, lucky you didn't get "busy" with this person. Maybe you need to do some soul searching, I'm getting deep here. I'm sending out good vibes to you, I hope you do think about why you were doing what you were doing with this guy. Maybe trouble at home??  It never leads to anything good. Just my 2 cents. -A mom trying to help another mom.

by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM


Deep breath, it could simply be a chafed spot of dry skin or pimple. Just call the nearest women's health clinic, call your county health dept. and they will give you a phone number. Go on your own, it is completely anonymous. Good luck and try not to panic TOO much


by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Scabies probably.
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

No time to read all the replies. If you can describe the actual rash better it would help.

Try hydrocortisone cream 1% available over the counter from any pharmacy. If it doesn't start to look better after a day of using the cream, call your doctor. You can also describe the rash to a pharmacist to have them suggest what cream to use. Could be they may recommend calamine or something different.

If you are allergic to any animals, there could have been some hair in that spot where you sat. Sensitive skin could react to any type of hair if it's sticking out of the cushion in a particular way.

by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Go to the Dr. Tell ur husband you used a really dirty public restroom. Might be ringworm. You probably need an antiviral ointment, and those are by prescription only.
by Anonymous 24 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM

 I think this is the best post yet...........Thank you for the laugh. Good thing my DD is deaf cause my laughter would of woken her up for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)