Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids on Leashes

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 383 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you or have you ever put your child on a leash?

Options:

Yes, it was effective

Yes,but it was embaressing

Yes,but it didnt work for us

No, but i would consider it

No, Never would do it

No, i laugh at people who do use them

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 369

View Results

What are your opinions on parents that put those backpacks with leashes attached or the harnesses to have their kids on leashes....

All opinions Welcome, I'm unsure and want to know . Thanks!!!

CeliaB

by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM
4 moms liked this

I had 2 under 2. My babies were only 12 months apart in age. When they both started walking, I felt is was better for them to have a harness and still be able to walk and explore the world around them but safe. Better than being stuck in a stroller.

Momof2boyskj
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's fine to use them. Even though a child could hold a parents hand, kids are quick little buggers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

if it keeps them safe or from running off , or into the street   it can't be a bad thing.

never needed one with my son he  was velcro boy (still is)  but my nephew sure could have used one

rockinmomto2
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

The only child that I had to use a harness for was my oldest. She has no self control, and will literally run off with zero notice. Having a harness for her allowed her to roam pretty freely without me having to worry that she's going to dart into oncoming traffic. My middle child and my youngest are nothing like her, so they do not need the harness.

lv_my_babies
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM
3 moms liked this

I still use one for my 4 year old she likes to run off and she is FAST. The only time we use it is when we go to public events though, she likes wearing it she says bad people can't get her when she is wearing it, which that is very true. Plan on getting one for my 22 month old for when we go to the zoo next month.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I had to use it for my son.  He refused to hold anyone's hands, would not go in a stroller or shopping cart, and would dart every which way.  With the harness on it made he feal like a big boy and that he was free.  While still giving me control over him.  Neither of my girls wore a harness.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't have a problem with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
I would never ever use one, but could care less if someone else does
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm for anything that keeps them safe! When you have multiple little ones, its hard to keep them around you with just words. And sometimes we don't want to take a stroller, they need exercise, or they arent aloud or don't fit certain places. Any one laughing at me for using something that helps keep my kid safe, but somewhat independent at the same time, can kiss it!
VARose018
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM
9 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)