Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: Do you or have you ever put your child on a leash?

Options:

Yes, it was effective

Yes,but it was embaressing

Yes,but it didnt work for us

No, but i would consider it

No, Never would do it

No, i laugh at people who do use them

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 369

View Results

What are your opinions on parents that put those backpacks with leashes attached or the harnesses to have their kids on leashes....

All opinions Welcome, I'm unsure and want to know . Thanks!!!

CeliaB

by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (381-383):
Meissilly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Heres the thing ..  I have   very  well behaved kids .. Its almost crazy how well behanved they are .. BUT  if  any of my kids  seen  Mickey mouse or Chocolate in aplace where they  thought  was " safe "   they would  run  off ..   Life and children are unpredictiable  .. 

Quoting motherof6kidos:

i wouldnt start teaching them at disney land, i would start in the grocery store, walking on the sidewalk, basic listening skills that so many  mothers have forgetten how to teach their children. so many of you live in the fairy tale land of "you cant tell my kid no" that they forget that if kids have a little fear of a stranger telling them to straighten up and listen to their mother things might be a bit better. i dont have kids run off. i taught them from birth basically, how to behave, have proper manners. i guess kids who listen and have attentive parents are more of a dying breed. unless your child is handicapped or they have some mental issue that prevents understanding danger, then you have failed your child if you expect them to hang out on a leash.....

Quoting Meissilly:

So  if you went to Disney and paid 480.00  to get in  ... and one of your children  rean off cuz they  seem mickey mouse you would go home ?? 

Quoting motherof6kidos:

i have 6 and never would i put a leash on my child.  they are taught to stay near or we leave. PERIOD. i also never chase my children, that makes it a game.

MellyO
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I am iffy on the subject. I think they are fine for malls, the city or a super populated place, but I HATE when I see a parent totally ignoring their child on it....like its their "I can do what I want" pass. I saw a lady at the mall who had the leash tied to her book bag and was dragging the kid. Sick. I wou
D never use a leash personally myself though.
Aleta775
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I used to think that it was a bad idea, until I had a dd that used to TAKE OFF when we get into a store. That kid is fast. LOL. She is better about staying with me now, but I seriously considered getting a leash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN