Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding a toddler..ugh.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 289 Replies
5 moms liked this
I have never breastfed, I'm just not comfortable with it, but I think its great for the mothers who are. BUT, I just don't understand why a woman would want to continue breastfeeding after the age of 1. I know its healthier, but the thought of a walking, talking child still attached to a mothers nip grosses me out. Pump it atleast. After 1 is bad enough, but I've seen mothers on here who say they will or have breastfed up to the age of 5! Your child is old enough to go to school and it still breastfeeding?? There is just something really, really wrong with that, IMO. Agree? Disagree?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM
And now u will be considered a pedophile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ataemommy
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM
17 moms liked this
Ugh. It's none of your business. And it's normal and natural. Why do you have an opinion on something you know NOTHING about?

The normal human weaning age is 2.5 to 7 years. That's fact. Get over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM
11 moms liked this

I am still breastfeeding my 22 month old. I am letting my daughter wean. last I heard it was recommended to the age of 2.

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Disagree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree op I find it gross to past the age of 1. Yes I am educated on breastfeeding for all the bashers but I still find it gross when they're that age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Muslimah1218
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Correct...!  I Havent heard to 7 years... but it's possibly tru.. But I know that it is def above age 1!

Quoting Ataemommy:

Ugh. It's none of your business. And it's normal and natural. Why do you have an opinion on something you know NOTHING about?

rkoloms
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM
6 moms liked this

You have some issues that you need to discuss with your therapist

Ataemommy
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM
5 moms liked this
If it is gross past 1, then no, you're not educated on breastfeeding. One is half of the minimum.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree op I find it gross to past the age of 1. Yes I am educated on breastfeeding for all the bashers but I still find it gross when they're that age

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I saw on youtube video of a 7 year old getting bf. I think that is way to old. That is just my opninion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM
6 moms liked this
The normal human age to procreate is during the teenage years but we don't consider that acceptable.

Quoting Ataemommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)