Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding a toddler..ugh.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have never breastfed, I'm just not comfortable with it, but I think its great for the mothers who are. BUT, I just don't understand why a woman would want to continue breastfeeding after the age of 1. I know its healthier, but the thought of a walking, talking child still attached to a mothers nip grosses me out. Pump it atleast. After 1 is bad enough, but I've seen mothers on here who say they will or have breastfed up to the age of 5! Your child is old enough to go to school and it still breastfeeding?? There is just something really, really wrong with that, IMO. Agree? Disagree?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Replies (251-260):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
How do u feel about me breast feeding my DH?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I say do whatever you want.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do u feel about me breast feeding my DH?

TugBoatMama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM
My dd only nurses at home now. She is 14 months. I have been trying to wean her but its not been easy for me to do.She claws and digs at my breasts when I try to turn her down. I was ready to be done a few months ago but she doesn't seem ready. But hell no she isn't nursing at the age of 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM
My dd is 2 next month and I still nurse her. You'll never see it but it happens. Why, because its healthy for both of us, comforting to her and she has a milk protein allergy. So this way I can make sure she is properly nourished.

And I've never responded to a pump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I nursed until self weaning at age 2. I never knew there was such an issue until joining cafemom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I find it very disgusting that someone will breastfeed up to 5 yrs or over. Sorry but if they are in school the don't need their moms tit. And yes I breastfed my son until he was 2.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 PM
If your child can ask for boob it's time to stop. I think it's more the Moms are unwilling to let go. and I am preggo due in less than two months and will breastfeed until she is a year if I can. Bash away.
MrsErdos2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

The idiots are thick tonight eh?

MrsErdos2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

So because my 8 month old can ask for it (verbally not signing) it's time to stop iyo?

Quoting Anonymous:

If your child can ask for boob it's time to stop. I think it's more the Moms are unwilling to let go. and I am preggo due in less than two months and will breastfeed until she is a year if I can. Bash away.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I don't think it's gross, but I couldn't do it personally. I breastfed for the first 4 months before I dried up. I hope to make it a year with the next one tho :) and then switch to whole milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)