Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding a toddler..ugh.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have never breastfed, I'm just not comfortable with it, but I think its great for the mothers who are. BUT, I just don't understand why a woman would want to continue breastfeeding after the age of 1. I know its healthier, but the thought of a walking, talking child still attached to a mothers nip grosses me out. Pump it atleast. After 1 is bad enough, but I've seen mothers on here who say they will or have breastfed up to the age of 5! Your child is old enough to go to school and it still breastfeeding?? There is just something really, really wrong with that, IMO. Agree? Disagree?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Replies (261-270):
emeraldangel20
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM

disagree.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Disagree. Completely. But, I respect your opinion. 

littleacorn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I'm nursing a toddler right this second. He'll be 3 in July...and probably will still be a nursling then!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Yes, why do they? **looks pointedly at quoted poster**

Quoting Ataemommy:

Why do people keep assuming their stupid opinions matter to anyone?
Jessica_Esqueda
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

You're stupid. 

My son turned 1 today, and we are NOWHERE near ready to wean. The AAP recommends going until a MINIMUM of 2.

And, in his case, he has severe allergies. He cannot drink milk, and NEEDS my breastmilk to support healthy brain and body development. So yeah. I'll probably nurse him til he's 3. Maybe even 4. Oh, the shame!

SMH.  

imafuswb
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM
That's nice. So can my almost 3yo son (actually, he can count to 13 without help and knows all of his letters, just for bitchiness' sake), and he was formula fed due to medical issues. I would have loved to have breast fed him, but I couldn't. And that makes him no worse or better than your daughter. Get over yourself.

Quoting motherslove82:

Nope. It is good for development. My daughter is almost three. She can carry on full conversations, knows some letters, can count to five without help (10 with help), and knows all of her colors and shapes. She plays very well with other children and is generally a happy, loving child.

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

i think its gross to do it past 2, i have a 3 year old and a 2 year old and i my self couldnt imagine breastfeeding my daughters at there age, the 2 year old talks in complete sentences, to me she isnt a baby anymore. I just couldnt do it. I think it hurts the child to do it at and older age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Your 8 month year old can say, "Mom can I have some boob? And thanks Mom? Damn im impressed! No, anything under a year is fine. After that I think it's time to wean.
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Did you even read the comment that I was actually responding to? She said it was harmful to BF a child past 2 years old. I was pointing out that BFing a child at an older age had not hindered my child at all. I never said that she was better than a formula fed child, just that BFing until she was older had not hurt her development. Not every comment is a slam on formula feeding. Maybe you need to get over yourself just a little bit.

Quoting imafuswb:

That's nice. So can my almost 3yo son (actually, he can count to 13 without help and knows all of his letters, just for bitchiness' sake), and he was formula fed due to medical issues. I would have loved to have breast fed him, but I couldn't. And that makes him no worse or better than your daughter. Get over yourself.

Quoting motherslove82:

Nope. It is good for development. My daughter is almost three. She can carry on full conversations, knows some letters, can count to five without help (10 with help), and knows all of her colors and shapes. She plays very well with other children and is generally a happy, loving child.

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

i think its gross to do it past 2, i have a 3 year old and a 2 year old and i my self couldnt imagine breastfeeding my daughters at there age, the 2 year old talks in complete sentences, to me she isnt a baby anymore. I just couldnt do it. I think it hurts the child to do it at and older age.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

OMGosh...I'm a modest person and don't ever flash people, but if I see one more post like this, I'm going to wake up my toddler, whip out my F-cup breasts and take a big ol picture just to mess with you.

Get a freakin' grip. Noone is breastfeeding a middleschooler on here.

MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Not complete sentences. He says mama eat and says thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Your 8 month year old can say, "Mom can I have some boob? And thanks Mom? Damn im impressed! No, anything under a year is fine. After that I think it's time to wean.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured