Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding a toddler..ugh.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have never breastfed, I'm just not comfortable with it, but I think its great for the mothers who are. BUT, I just don't understand why a woman would want to continue breastfeeding after the age of 1. I know its healthier, but the thought of a walking, talking child still attached to a mothers nip grosses me out. Pump it atleast. After 1 is bad enough, but I've seen mothers on here who say they will or have breastfed up to the age of 5! Your child is old enough to go to school and it still breastfeeding?? There is just something really, really wrong with that, IMO. Agree? Disagree?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Replies (271-280):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I totally agree with you it's GROSS.......

Jeni1124
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Disagree. Your discomfort doesn't outweigh the benefits to my child. I nursed until she self-weaned. Best thing for her...so glad I did it!
Mamaknowsbest26
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I have too. Extreme Breastfeeding or something like that. To me if my kid is asking for breastmilk - at the breast- while he/she is doing homework from school, then she is too old!

Quoting Anonymous:

I saw on youtube video of a 7 year old getting bf. I think that is way to old. That is just my opninion.

bbkiwi
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM
I don't understand why people find breast feeding grosse? That's how it was done before formula. Everything I've read has said bfing until 24 months is completely normal.

Quoting Ataemommy:

If it is gross past 1, then no, you're not educated on breastfeeding. One is half of the minimum.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree op I find it gross to past the age of 1. Yes I am educated on breastfeeding for all the bashers but I still find it gross when they're that age

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma129
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM
My twins are almost a year old. Im not putting them on cow's milk just because that's the norm for babies on formula. My milk is better than ciws milk bexause it was made for them. My one baby had muscle issues and is behind developmentally. He can feed himself rice crackers but nothing small like gerber puffs or sliced up fruit and veggies. He cant hold a bottle or sippy for more than a few seconds. I feed him food that he can eat with his whole 2 bottom teeth that just came through but he wont be ready to stop nursing in the next month or two. My only goal is to get them to where they are on table food enough to sustain their weights and keep them growing. Theyre 17 and 18lbs and need their calories since they fell off "the charts". I hope to be done by 2 for my own sake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Disagree.

It's a wonderful experience and time with your child. And only in America do you see women not comfortable enough with their bodies to feed their children from but then have the nerve to tell other mothers it's *really, really, wrong* after a certain age.

I would have fed our youngest up until he stopped nursin', no matter the age. But it didn't work that way.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"-Montgomery Gentry

Life and Times of a Redneck Woman 

Do you swag:O)

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:31 AM

disagree, there is nothing wrong with it.  I personally would not BF past 2 but that is for each family to decide for themselves. 

vannadahlia
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Correct...!  I Havent heard to 7 years... but it's possibly tru.. But I know that it is def above age 1!

Quoting Ataemommy:

Ugh. It's none of your business. And it's normal and natural. Why do you have an opinion on something you know NOTHING about?

The normal human weaning age is 2.5 to 7 years. That's fact. Get over it.

vannadahlia
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Btter to brestfeed your kids as long as you can. Good for thier brain :D

ColesMommy63005
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I Bfed my son till he was 22 months.....I wouldn't have went past 2 years though. Im glad he went that long, .hes never been sick and hes almost 7 now...I'm for ebf but not doing it into school aged years..jmo. i wouldn't want my child to have memories bfing. But I don't care much what others do, it's their child and their choice..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)