Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think disposable diapers should be illegal! *edited*

Posted by   + Show Post

They are terrible for the environment, they are full of all sorts of unhealthy chemicals (including carcinogens, and a chemical that is linked to infertility), they are bad for  babies skin. 

*Edit: So it's been brought to my attention that there are disposable diapers out there that are made with less harsh chemicals then the leading brands and that are biodegradable.  For those of you who are completelly against outlawing disposables what would you think about putting stricter restrictions on disposables like forcing them to be made with less chemicals and with materials that would decompose in a reasonable ammount of time?  I think this would be a reasonable compromise.

*2nd Edit: I in no way shape or form think that disposable diapering parents are bad parents and I'm sorry if some of you misunderstood what I'm saying!  I think this is a problem with our government and society in general...not with the individual parents!  I am NOT trying to make anyone out to be any less of a parent!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
AJB163
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Well when you get elected into office or state office and then you have say in what should and shouldn't be legal then you can make it illegal... Until then, get over it.

Quoting cabrandy03:

They are terrible for the enviroment, they are full of all sorts of unhealthy chemicals (including carcinogens, and a chemical that is linked to infertility), they are bad for  babies skin. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeepJeep
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM
We cloth diaper, but not everyone has regular access to a washer and dryer and I would never want handwashing forced on anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM
8 moms liked this

This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a while. 

cabrandy03
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I never said anyone is a bad parent for using disposables.  I just think that we are doing terrible things to the enviroment and diapers are one of the terrible things.  there are many things our government needs to do to turn things around.  Many people think that cloth diapering is hard or grosse and will never give it a try.  I think if people were forced to do it many people would find its not hard or grosse!

Quoting Anonymous:

I cloth diaper, but come on.  Not realistic.  You're not a bad parent for using disposables.

CafeMom Tickers
cabrandy03
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I agree that this is a good point I hadn't thought of that.  But I do think it needs to be encouraged we are ruining our planet and disposable diapers play a big role in that!

Quoting KeepJeep:

We cloth diaper, but not everyone has regular access to a washer and dryer and I would never want handwashing forced on anyone.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM
6 moms liked this
Well good thing your opinion means nothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I don't understand why we can't have a healthy debate without being rude!

Quoting mjande4:

This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a while. 

CafeMom Tickers
Jess020911
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
8 moms liked this
I refuse to wash poopy diapers all you tree hugging evermental people take thing too far!
cmack40487
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
16 moms liked this
I use cloth, but this really isn't the way to convert anyone. It just makes cloth users seem like close minded nut jobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I think trash should be illegal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)