Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How far back can you remember things?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
Me and my mom were talking last night and now I'm curious. At what age can you remember things? Like for me I can't remember a lot before I was like an early teen. I remember the bad stuff but that's it (I was abused starting at about 10 or 11 I can't remember exactly). However my mom says that's not normal she can remember farther back and she thinks bc I was so traumatized that's y I can't remember. Just an FYI my parents are divorced and my dad took us from my mom and she didnt have contact with us for a few yrs so there was nothing she could do she didnt even know what was happening.

Also when I say remember things I mean other family members or trips or things like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Scarlettsecret
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I can remember things as far back as 3... I even remember some of the things I was thinking at 3 years old... Its kinda cool!

isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM

The earliest memory i have is when I was 3 1/2 yrs old and had surgery and had to stay at the hospital for like 15 days. 

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM
As early as 4 yrs old my twin sister and i can remember so many thngs is crazy lol but both of our dhs cnt remember much . They thnk is weird dat we do but i thnk is cuz we went thru so much shit that it was impossible not to remember . Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:56 AM

i can def remember as far back as 5 perfectly clear (once we moved to our house). before that i remember stuff...but sometimes i'm not sure if i'm actually remembering or if i'm remembering based on a home movie/picture/or story i was told. (i learned in my child psych class that often happens alot to people).

either way...i'd go back to my child hood in a heart beat. i loved it! :) 

jaxmybaby
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I can remember around 3 1/2- 4 yrs, we lived in a small house, running around from kitchen to bathroom- living room- bedroom all in a few steps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katrina316
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I have that same problem but for me its worse. Sometimes I can't remember things that happened a week ago. I barely have any memories of childhood or even when I was in high school, even college. It's bad I have no memories of my kids when they were babies. It upsets me that I constantly have to look at photos to remember things and I get sad because I can't remember. Its really depressing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I have a memory from when I was 3.  My mom couldn't believe it when I asked her about it 10 or so years ago.  LOL.  Most of my memory I think starts at 5-6 though.

gamomof3cuties
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I remember my first birthday party and nothing else until I was three and I broke my arm and then nothing else until my first day of school when I was 5

Chuckydoodle
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Its sad but I have forgotten the majority of my life from childhood until around 17. It makes it tough when people do the "remember when" stories and I am lost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN