Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How far back can you remember things?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Me and my mom were talking last night and now I'm curious. At what age can you remember things? Like for me I can't remember a lot before I was like an early teen. I remember the bad stuff but that's it (I was abused starting at about 10 or 11 I can't remember exactly). However my mom says that's not normal she can remember farther back and she thinks bc I was so traumatized that's y I can't remember. Just an FYI my parents are divorced and my dad took us from my mom and she didnt have contact with us for a few yrs so there was nothing she could do she didnt even know what was happening.

Also when I say remember things I mean other family members or trips or things like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
vanna_k
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM
My earliest memory is about three. I remember some things about living in California, like my daycare, my room, a few playmates. I remember moving to Indiana when I was 3 and a half.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I remember crawling in the house we lived in before my parents split when I was 18 months. I also remember the view from my crib and our couch but those memories are a lot less detailed. Then I remember preschool which I started just before I turned 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SirenVixen
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM
My earliest memory is is when I was 2 yrs old I was in a stroller a red and black white pattern stroller my mom strolled me down the side walk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I remember more of my dreams as a kid than I do memories with my family. I can go back as far as five and my dreams started not long after that.

ArmyGal
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I think 4-5. Not really sure. But my DD remembers stuff from last year and she's only 4 lol, it's kinda cool!

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I remember a lot from the age of 4, but I think it went back as far as 3 yrs old and maybe before that.

I was just talking to my sister the other day when we saw a picture of something. I said wow that looks like a baby mobile. But I don't remember who had it though. But it's a lil different (the one in the picture)

She asked me, what did it look like? I told her they were different colored birds and the birds were made of a shiny plastic material and stuffed like lil pillows. She said, NO WAY! I said yeah why? She told me that was my baby mobile. My mom didnt keep it for me to have seen it when i was older. And my sister is older than me and she remembers the baby mobile. So if it's correct of what I remember, that goes back further than 2 or up til 2 yrs old

mommasbabies77
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I remember chunks and pieces. I remember age 4 but I don't have a whole lot after that (except stupid flashbacks) until about 11. I remember a little there and then not much else except I started my period at 13 until I was 16. In my mind remembering any event before the age of 16 is kind of like watching a movie and fast forwarding through it but stopping sporatically to watch at random times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I can remember being about 2.5 and getting my diaper changed on my mom's bed. I also remember little stuff here and there...Like scents or happy memories but I don't know exactly how young I was. I remember seeing my great uncle on my dad's side and his wife, but I was really little then too...Like maybe 3. I remember a lot of stuff from when we took that trip.

two_dark_eyez
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I have short flashes of memories from age 10 on. It really sucks because my dad passed when I turned 10 and I have no memories of him at all :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I have memories from about 2 on up. My sister said she can't remember anything before 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)