Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I yelled at a lady today after almost running over her kid

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 29 Replies
So I'm driving down my street on the way to pick up my kids from school. There's a house across the street from me that always has about 15 kids running around outside, ranging in age from 2- about 10ish, completely unsupervised. I'm always aware of the situation so I drive past the house driving very slowly. Well today as I'm passing their van parked in the street 2 little boys about 3 years old jump out from behind the van and run directly in front of my car and across to the other side of the street. I slammed on my brakes and literally barely missed hitting them by what had to be inches. Im panicking. My blood pressure shot through the roof and I almost blacked out. I was in tears and shaking. I couldn't imagine if I actually would've ran over someone's kid.
I parked my car and went to the front door. There were 6 adults inside smoking pot... None of them even aware that they almost nearly lost their child. So I just start yelling at them... And before I realize what I'm doing I'm cussing at them. I say, "do any of you realize your babies are running across the street?! I just almost fucking ran over 2 of them! And you're all sitting in here high as a kite just oblivious to reality. What the hell would you have done if your kid was laying dead in the street right now?!" then turned around and left.
I was livid! I almost couldn't even drive to pick my own kids up from school. What the hell would I have done had I actually hit one of those kids??!!! ... Or both??

For those of you who think I should've called the police, I was literally at a loss for rational thought. I didn't know what to do and couldn't even think straight. Had I not been so upset I would've called the cops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hippiechic980
by Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Wow...sorry momma.....I would have been upset too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomoniqueWS
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

If you would have hit one or both the sad thing is, because of lck of parental guidance on their end, you would still end up charged with man slaughter and fined immensely.  You have every right to be upset I would too.  Good thing you were paying attention.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I would have called the cops but thats just me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm glad you yelled at them even though it probably wouldn't change anything.  This might be a time I called CPS.

ramonafrog
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM
You would have called the cops on me? Or on the parents of the kid?

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BV88
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Should have called the cops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristyann
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I would have called the cops
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramonafrog
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Would've been a waste of time. I don't even know the names of the people who live there. I'm not even sure which of the kids and adults actually do live there. Furthermore, it's not like CPS would have immediately drove over there and investigated. It could've been weeks. But trust me, if it happens again I WILL take pics and call the police

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad you yelled at them even though it probably wouldn't change anything.  This might be a time I called CPS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristyann
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Oh, and I'm very glad you were aware of their lack of parenting skills and were on the look out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Hell no not on you on the parents. 

Quoting ramonafrog:

You would have called the cops on me? Or on the parents of the kid?

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)