Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what about dirty parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
everyone always complains about kids being dirty n public....know what i hate to see? kids dressed like thier going to church n the parents in sweatpants n lookin like crap...just sayin...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
vrbtnseele
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
My DD always has that nappy bedhead look unless I give her a bath, or she let's me comb it for five minutes, and what ten month old sits that long? *sigh* it must be the black/spanish in her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel bad when I see a little girl and her hair isn't kept nice espeically if she has long hair.  =(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulawakening82
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm totally one of those moms! I don't go out dirty, but my kids always look better than i do, for sure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM

So then would you rather it be the other way around? The parents looking good but the kids in ratty dirty clothes?

I don't care about kids OR their parents being dirty. Not that I don't get upset when a parent smells and is nasty and their kids are too but there are times when it happens against their will and I would never judge them based on how they look.

That being said I almost ALWAYS get food on myself when I eat lol..So there are plenty of times when I go out and eat and end up having to walk around with food on my shirt lol. My hubby is a Marine who works maintenance type stuff and there have been a lot of times we went out to get groceries before the store could close and he had paint or dirt or gasoline on his cammies. It happens...So what? As long as the kids are taken care of why does it matter?

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

It's just a kid thing lol. As she gets older she will be better about it and then once she's a pre-teen she will probably go through a phase of not taking very good care of it again lol.

I am not mixed(by close family-extended yes) and my hair didn't grow in really well until I was about 2...I remember crying my eyes out because of my mom combing my hair lol. It was ALWAYS all over the place. My mom did everything she could with berretts and stuff to keep it down lol. It hardly worked.

At 10 months I wouldn't push it either...They are too young to worry with it lol.

Quoting vrbtnseele:

My DD always has that nappy bedhead look unless I give her a bath, or she let's me comb it for five minutes, and what ten month old sits that long? *sigh* it must be the black/spanish in her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel bad when I see a little girl and her hair isn't kept nice espeically if she has long hair.  =(

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I never leave the house without taking a shower and throwing on some clean clothes and a little makeup... but my kids are always dressed better & look better than me!

lynnd4
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Today I went out bad, it will never happen again. I do wonder though why some parents can't manage to get dressed, even if its bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Funny rant on just this subject...

http://bulls-hitter.blogspot.com/2012/02/people-missing-chromosome.html

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Yea.. its annoying. My brothers use to get complaints sent home with them about how they were dirty at school, it was like clothes or hair. But my mom is a million times worse and no one complains..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM
What if you have four kids and gains 40 lbs... all you have that "fits" is a few gray fucked up hoodies and the one pair of pants you own because you can't afford anything else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofAlice
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I could give a rat's ass what parents wear. As long as they are showered and the don't smell offensive I don't even notice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN