Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD? ADVICE PLEASE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Ok so my dh just got a good job, high pay & health benefits too. My dad(is out of a job) wants my dh to help him get hired there, BUT my dh is saying NO. Obviously, my parents are upset & telling me that we are selfish, family is supossed to help out. I agree BUT ny dh & I have good reasons for not wanting to. Firstly, my dad has a horrible temper, doesnt like to follow policies, makes rude comments, doesnt take cinstructive critism well, therefore he is ALWAYS getting fired from every job. Growing up we were always struggling bc my dad couldnt keep a job until my mom finally got a good job. At my dhs last job, he refered my dad, they hired him. Then my dad got caught stealing money from there & so my dh was very embaressed, since everyone knew they were related. So thats why we are saying NO, but I do feel horrible so WWYD?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happygolucky106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM

do not recommend him.

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I wouldn't recommend him. 

My husband has a good job too. The only way to get hired there is to know someone who already works there. So, of course, he always has family and friends asking him to recommend them....but, he doesn't because the ones who ask have terrible work histories and my husband doesn't want it to look bad on him. 

GoneBad31
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM

If they don't understand why he won't recommend him, then they are the ones with the problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

lynnd4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Yep, don't recommend him. Give HR his info and let them know how you feel. Also that's a lot to ask for just getting a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I would tell him you'll talk to the boss.  Then go back to your Dad and say they have a policy in the company where they do not hire relatives.  Some companies try to shy away from hiring relatives to avoid issues (if they have a problem with disciplining one employee they end up with problems with both)   Just a thought...hope it helps.

allornone
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Tell him they do not hire relatives.  My dh job will not hire relatives.

karisma22
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I wouldn't recommend him.

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM
I wouldn't do it. It's not your husbands job to ensure your father's wellbeing....especially since he's a douche.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Ohhh good idea!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would tell him you'll talk to the boss.  Then go back to your Dad and say they have a policy in the company where they do not hire relatives.  Some companies try to shy away from hiring relatives to avoid issues (if they have a problem with disciplining one employee they end up with problems with both)   Just a thought...hope it helps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SherylDe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Glad you liked it.  Let us know how it works out.  I'm curious to see if this works.  It SHOULD keep the peace at home anyway.

Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ohhh good idea!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)