Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD? ADVICE PLEASE!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok so my dh just got a good job, high pay & health benefits too. My dad(is out of a job) wants my dh to help him get hired there, BUT my dh is saying NO. Obviously, my parents are upset & telling me that we are selfish, family is supossed to help out. I agree BUT ny dh & I have good reasons for not wanting to. Firstly, my dad has a horrible temper, doesnt like to follow policies, makes rude comments, doesnt take cinstructive critism well, therefore he is ALWAYS getting fired from every job. Growing up we were always struggling bc my dad couldnt keep a job until my mom finally got a good job. At my dhs last job, he refered my dad, they hired him. Then my dad got caught stealing money from there & so my dh was very embaressed, since everyone knew they were related. So thats why we are saying NO, but I do feel horrible so WWYD?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Replies (11-11):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Tell your dad how you guys were affect by his poor decisions at his last job. It should be that simple. Unless he can get him a job in a different department where no one would know they are related but that might not be possible depending on the size of the company. You should get my husband a job, he makes crap right now and could use a pay raise. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)