Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This Drives me NUTS

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

Why is it when a debate isn't going the "Right" way,or someone makes a point,the grammer and spelling NAZIs decide to come out in force,REALLY?

No matter what form of which or witch a person uses,if you are intelligent enough to pick out the error you are certainly intelligent enough to get the context and go from there.

dad yiu konw tie bairn olny pciks oit tre frist akd lsat ltteres of tue wrods we raed ?

For some it is fast typing,getting the idea down and posted before the kids wake up,their favorite program comes on,or even before they forget,and not everyone is going to bother with spell check.

For some it is a disability like Dyslexia,hell with spell check,my youngest would claim that certain words didn't look right.

Regional differences,Center,Centre,Meter, Metre one is Canadian one is American,BOTH spelled correctly.

English may not be a first language,and its a hard language to learn even for those of us who grew up speaking it, threw and through, ruff and rough,to,too and two,if you are not familiar with it,pretty good chance you will not use them right every time,and hey,if you are just learning,I think its great to at least TRY.

Exhaustion,keyboards acting up (I had one that would punctuate in french,ugh that was frustrating),sometimes laziness (Really ? Its a message board not English Class).Who really wants to type out Laugh my Ass off if they don't have to ?LMAO works for me.

For me,I try to watch my spelling and grammer,but hell I don't always succeed,and I don't really care if anyone picks up on it,but try to keep in mind,you might be called on it yourself.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom2b116
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM

goodhappy im not the only person who feels this way 

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Right! It's so irritating, and rude!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I like to go back and read the other replies that the spelling and grammar nazi make in a thread before they started losing an argument and picking at someone's writing.

They don't seem to pay much attention to their own writing until they pick on someone else. You can tell they took alot of extra care in that particular sentence. LOL.

It's always great when the grammar nazi has shitty grammar too, though. I remember on another site, a girl made a whole thread to degrade people who couldn't use good grammar or spelling. She didn't have any capitalizations or punctuation. Needless to say, she got ripped apart.

Ceilidh2011
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Quoting parentalrights1:

I like to go back and read the other replies that the spelling and grammar nazi make in a thread before they started losing an argument and picking at someone's writing.

They don't seem to pay much attention to their own writing until they pick on someone else. You can tell they took alot of extra care in that particular sentence. LOL.

It's always great when the grammar nazi has shitty grammar too, though. I remember on another site, a girl made a whole thread to degrade people who couldn't use good grammar or spelling. She didn't have any capitalizations or punctuation. Needless to say, she got ripped apart.

LOL, I have often wanted to go back and start on it,punctuation,spelling, grammer etc. But then I just consider they are losing the argument,and that's all they can come up with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I don't try to be a spelling and grammar Nazi it's just that I grew up where grammar didn't matter so I'm kind of learning it now. Because I'm basically just learning it, everything wrong stands out to me. I don't want to raise illiterate children which is why I'm trying to fix it. The big thing to me right now is ending sentences with a preposition and when people misuse their, there and they're. I know I'm not perfect and I know people do make mistakes but there's a difference between a little mistake and absolutely no desire to reread what you have written before posting. 

I also don't try to argue with people here. What is the point of arguing when most of the time people are giving their opinions. How can you argue with an opinion?

GoneBad31
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

The only time I point out someone's grammar mistakes is when they start in on someone else about the same thing. Other than that, I don't care.

Schleetle
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM
I don't get bothered by it when reading an e-argument, but I do think it's unnecessary to point out when the OP is obviously distraught, and here looking for support/advice. It comes off very tactless to me in those types of posts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mweddle
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I hate the grammar police! :)

deathbysexiness
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM
The little things don't bother me. It's text-speak that bothers me. Not just if I'm wrong, or arguing. Always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN