• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate the way I look

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My DH always says I am too pretty to be so fat which is half nice... I guess? Ive gained about 60lbs since we met, I've tried so hard to lose the weight but it just isn't happening. I eat right, I exercise 5 to 6 days a week, I'm active... I don't drink as much water as I should but still alot more than I used to. When I was younger I always felt fat even though I wasn't and now I look at myself in the mirror and I hate what I see obviously even more. My DH is half supportive... He says I can do it but for example today I didn't have time to exercise and he gets all huffy about it and rolls his eye (granted I took our car in to the dealership, grocery shopping, car back to dealership bc wasn't completely fixed, took DHs suits to the tailor (of course he's lost weight :/), baby nap, clean, DS homework and study time (we read together), pick up car after baby up, cook dinner, work from home (I bring work home to work on after the kids go to sleep- should still be working now... Woops lol)) So I am completely drained and DH gets upset that I didn't exercise :/ which of course pisses me off and also hurts because I feel like he's really not attracted to me and he somehow sees me as lazy (which i am very far from).

On the outside I am confident, outgoing, happy but on the inside I just want to hide.

If you are still reading, thanks for taking the time.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vrbtnseele
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM
I was getting annoyed because I was trying to lose weight and I was gaining it, then I found out I am pregnant. Lol. Does he realize once you've had kids its sooo much harder to lose that weight? He should love you regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happygolucky106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Beauty is from within,but your beautiful on the outside more!!!!!!!!!

Schleetle
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry, I hope you find a way to feel more confident soon. I don't think men understand sometimes. You keep trying your best, and when he makes those gestures tell him they are out of line, unhelpful, and hurting your feelings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki1018
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Fuck that dude, he should be 100% behind you not calling you fat. Sounds like you do a shit ton. I'm sure you're beautiful. 60lbs heavier or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM
I am defiantly not pregnant! Another fight we had was right after I had DD he was asking me to work out (to do P90x within a couple weeks of having her) ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?! Took him a few months to leave me alone with that one lol

Quoting vrbtnseele:

I was getting annoyed because I was trying to lose weight and I was gaining it, then I found out I am pregnant. Lol. Does he realize once you've had kids its sooo much harder to lose that weight? He should love you regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Right?! I think he thinks it's motivational or something :/ ugh!!!

Quoting nicki1018:

Fuck that dude, he should be 100% behind you not calling you fat. Sounds like you do a shit ton. I'm sure you're beautiful. 60lbs heavier or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM
*hugs* I know how you feel. I'm having a down on myself body day too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Thanks... Sucks doesn't it? :(

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

*hugs* I know how you feel. I'm having a down on myself body day too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Lol. Losing your body is part of having kids, like battle scars. He needs to realize that. I'm not saying let yourself go 100%, but don't push yourself too much!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am defiantly not pregnant! Another fight we had was right after I had DD he was asking me to work out (to do P90x within a couple weeks of having her) ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?! Took him a few months to leave me alone with that one lol

Quoting vrbtnseele:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed.life
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry Hun.
He's being a butt.

Your beautiful,your strong abs you should be proud of yourself.

I tellmyself that and it makes me feel better :)

I'm trying to lose weight too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)