• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adderall Addiction

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I'm going to be addicted to Adderall. I'm not quite at that point yet, but I can feel it getting there. I went through a period about 5 years ago where I was taking them daily for about a year. My supply got cut off and since then I've only taken them rarely. Now I have a new, reliable source and I have been taking them A LOT the last few weeks. I am a single mother of 2 young children who works full time third shift and goes to college full time. There were nights where I was literally falling asleep at work. If I had gotten caught I would've lost my job. I just couldn't keep up with working, going to school, doing homework, cleaning, laundry and taking care of the kids. Adderall gives me that pick me up, that extra energy. Right now, I'm only taking 45mg at a time, but I can already feel it starting to work less, and to be honest now that I've been doing it the last few weeks, I'm getting to where I can't imagine not having Adderall anymore. I've got to change this, I don't wanna be a drug addict.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaleyBree
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:55 AM

In high-school I got addicted to that shit! glad I kicked that shit before it ruined my life!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Get help stopping before it's too late.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ocanfield92
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:58 AM

There are a lot of resources out there that can help you out through this! If you don't want to be a drug addict then easy get help before it becomes a problem and it seem's like that is what you are doing and sometimes its the hardest step!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:00 AM
I guess I just figure that before I took it almost daily for a year straight and I held my life together, held down a job, took care of my child (I only had one then) and paid my bills and when I couldn't get them anymore I was alright. I was disappointed and it took some time to get used to, but I didn't have withdrawals or anything. So I figure I could do the same this time. But I'm still worried. I don't want to be addicted or dependent. But I feel like I need them to function on the 3-4 hours of sleep I typically get a day. I tried energy drinks, vitamins, everything and nothing worked. Adderall works.

Quoting HaleyBree:

In high-school I got addicted to that shit! glad I kicked that shit before it ruined my life!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Honestly I think cutting off my source would be enough to get me off them, it was last time but this guy I've been buying them from is extremely persistant and calls me all the time wanting to know if I want more.

Quoting Ocanfield92:

There are a lot of resources out there that can help you out through this! If you don't want to be a drug addict then easy get help before it becomes a problem and it seem's like that is what you are doing and sometimes its the hardest step!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaleyBree
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I know what you mean! its something hard to kick! But take this from someone who went throught the same thing, get help before it becomes your whole life, because it is not worth it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess I just figure that before I took it almost daily for a year straight and I held my life together, held down a job, took care of my child (I only had one then) and paid my bills and when I couldn't get them anymore I was alright. I was disappointed and it took some time to get used to, but I didn't have withdrawals or anything. So I figure I could do the same this time. But I'm still worried. I don't want to be addicted or dependent. But I feel like I need them to function on the 3-4 hours of sleep I typically get a day. I tried energy drinks, vitamins, everything and nothing worked. Adderall works.

Quoting HaleyBree:

CafeMom Tickers
mommajess112
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM
What is it? What's it do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Its great that you are recognizing that you have a problem.

Now you need to tell someone, aside from CM, like a doctor and get the help that you need.

Being addicted to something is tough. I was addicted to pain killers in back in 2007/2008 after I had a pulmonary embolism. Going from morphine every 4 hours for 3 weeks wasn't as bad because they had me on Vicodin for 3 months after my P.E. Coming off the Vicodin was a lot harder.

I have to be super careful with pain medication now. : /  Which sucks because I have endometriosis & I often get cysts on my ovaries. EVERY month on my period I have 2-3 days where I feel like I am in labor. The pain is terrible, so my gyno put me on Percocet. I only take it when I absolutely cannot take the pain. And even then, I have SO give it to me & put the rest away.

Ocanfield92
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I would try cutting him off...Changing your number?

Ocanfield92
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I would try cutting him off....Changing your number?..

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly I think cutting off my source would be enough to get me off them, it was last time but this guy I've been buying them from is extremely persistant and calls me all the time wanting to know if I want more.

Quoting Ocanfield92:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)