Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pagans and Witches *and other related type spiritual states

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:54 AM
  • 59 Replies

How do you treat others of diverse religious beliefs?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplyErathy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:10 AM
3 moms liked this
with respect and as i would like to be treated :-) iv studied many diffrent religions and feel there is no one true religion. in each one people feel comforted, loved, find peace and strenth, and just what they need :-) wicca works good for me. its what makes sense to me :-) god is god
and even though i have ben loathd by many hyoocritic christains i feel no hate twords them only saddness for their lack of compassion and knowledge
GoneBad31
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:24 AM
2 moms liked this

With the same way I want to be treated.

GwenGray
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM
7 moms liked this

All though I am a Christian, I agree with you. I love to study other religions, where they came from, why they started, when they started, what God or Godess they warship, their traditions, everything. I even like to know how they pray if they pray! I also believe that if everyone were to take an interest in at least understanding other religions it would help stop all this war with religion. I studied wicca for a long time, and it's a beautiful religion. But the Christian faith is what works for me :)

Quoting SimplyErathy:

with respect and as i would like to be treated :-) iv studied many diffrent religions and feel there is no one true religion. in each one people feel comforted, loved, find peace and strenth, and just what they need :-) wicca works good for me. its what makes sense to me :-) god is god
and even though i have ben loathd by many hyoocritic christains i feel no hate twords them only saddness for their lack of compassion and knowledge

Mother to Alexander. Edwyn is due in March/April <3

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I can say for my bestest friend ever and ever that she treats others with different beliefs with as much respect as possible and tries to understand it. I am an Atheist and she is Wiccan. I LOVE the Pagan belief system and if I could believe in something that isn't proven, I'd be some sort of Pagan :)
I really love thier belief system (AND the fact that they don't SHOVE it down anyone else's throats on a constant basis).... Its a beautiful religion. In fact, when my husband and I decide to have an actual ceremony (wedding), it would be a hand fasting and my bestie would help me plan it :D She would be one of my maids.... my cousin (my only full blood cousin, she is Catholic, on my mother's side... closest to a sister) would be my honered maid.

But yea.... she is the most respectful person I know as far as religious beliefs.... even she gets bashed when she (as and amazing person) wears her pentagram.

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Do you all find it difficult to explain your stances to others without getting into an arguement?

Cat.astrophe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:58 AM

I have a hard time explaining things in general...  Most people that ask me about my stances and stuff they are genuinely interested and dont argue with me... I guess I am a little lucky... They also are patient with me because I suck at explanations lol

Quoting eliptica24:

Do you all find it difficult to explain your stances to others without getting into an arguement?

Pregnancy Ticker

Cat.astrophe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:59 AM

I treat others with respect as long as they treat me with the same respect.

Quoting eliptica24:

How do you treat others of diverse religious beliefs?

Pregnancy Ticker

GwenGray
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Not at all. I love to hear what others believe in, and why. I love to hear how they came to their religion, and what/who helped them on their way or tried to stop them. It allowes me to see a religion from a different stance. 

Quoting eliptica24:

Mother to Alexander. Edwyn is due in March/April <3

Jenniy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

With respect, till they disrespect me. 

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)