• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This just made my heart sink!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

So...I was going to my doctors appoinment the other day, and as I was on the interstate I saw a MAJOR car accident where a man was ejected from his vehicles and the ambulance and cops just arrived, the man was dead an it was gruesome! It made my heart SINK! It made me soo sad. Ive only seen one other dead body and it was my aunts who was in her casket and she just looked like she was sleeping, it was not as bad as this....

Have any of you ever seen a dead body before?

How did it impact your life?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melakay1981
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Nothing like that.  I hope you can get past it though.  I hope I never encounter something like that.

Sekirei
by Nari on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM

well, they weren't dead when I saw them.. they died a little later at the hospital

other than that, the only ones I have seen were pics my dad showed me of a bus accident in Turkey. I was 14 (I think) when I saw them. Pretty nasty pics and the only way it impacted me was that I have no issue with gore.

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:49 AM

I've seen bodies in caskets since I was young... That dosn't bother me (unless, of course, if it was a CLOSE loved one).

jujubear1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:50 AM
A few in caskets, other than that, my dad. It wasn't gruesome though. It was in the hospital, but before they closed his eyes and made him seem like he was sleeping. That image is burned in my brain forever. That was last February.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
osubucksbaby
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Yes, a few. My first experience with a dead body was in the cadaver lab and I did not handle it well.

Aside from funerals, I saw a woman get decapitated and disemboweled by a train, so I understand the tragedy, sorry you had to go through that :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:56 AM
A school bus vs motorcycle. Two years ago this guy on a motorcycle with bald tires was trying to stop for a school bus and lost it. We drove by and he was just laying there. He was a friend of a whole bunch of our friends. I dont know how we didnt know him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:59 AM

I couldnt stop thinking about his family! And I hope you dont either, it was very disturbing!

Quoting melakay1981:

Nothing like that.  I hope you can get past it though.  I hope I never encounter something like that.

GwenGray
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM

I was 15, and it was my mom. I watched her take her last breath. I went to feel if she was breathing and she wasn't. I will forever be scarred for life. 

Mother to Alexander. Edwyn is due in March/April <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM

I could never go to a cadaver lab! and WOW Thats HORRIBLE! 

and thank you! 

Quoting osubucksbaby:

Yes, a few. My first experience with a dead body was in the cadaver lab and I did not handle it well.

Aside from funerals, I saw a woman get decapitated and disemboweled by a train, so I understand the tragedy, sorry you had to go through that :(

HadleyAzure
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I have seen a lot of dead bodies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)