Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have barely slept in the last week.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

And I don't want to say anything to DH. 

My head is killing me and nothing will make it stop. My meds aren't working and my drs appointment is in two weeks.

I have a brain aneurysm. I just got the results from testing less than a week ago. DH knows about as much as I do. I just hate telling him how bad this makes my head hurt. I'm posting anon because I haven't told my family and friends. The aneurysm I have is the SAME one that killed my mom 12 years ago.

I just want to whine a minute. And beg my head to stop hurting so I can rest.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DomoniqueWS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Wow, my heart goes out to you.  I too and going in for some medical testing tomorrow for some things that are treatable and even I am up right now at 3am.  So I am very much understanding.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I have a million errands to run tomorrow. So I know I need to sleep but my head is pounding to the point things are hazy and it feels like it's gonna explode.

We're working with meds right now trying to avoid surgery, I've had migraines like this for a year now, no one ever paid attention to my concerns until I told my dr what happened with my mom. She scheduled the tests as a precaution and neither of us dreamed I actually had it. 

Fortunately, it is treatable. We're just trying to avoid surgery if at all possible. It's a risky surgery so we're trying to keep it from bursting. 

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

Wow, my heart goes out to you.  I too and going in for some medical testing tomorrow for some things that are treatable and even I am up right now at 3am.  So I am very much understanding.  

DomoniqueWS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:32 AM

hugsI hope the medication ends up helping and avoiding any risky surgeries.  Jst a question, I know this is kind of prying, but did you start to plan for the worst case scenario?  Like term-life or something like that?  Just wondering because if I come back positive for any of the things I am being tested for I was going to open a term life asap, just because you never know.  But its a scary thought because I'm only 20, but I do have a family now so...i guess it makes sense.  Plus it will cover if you end up in bedrest or something to where your kids will need extra support

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a million errands to run tomorrow. So I know I need to sleep but my head is pounding to the point things are hazy and it feels like it's gonna explode.

We're working with meds right now trying to avoid surgery, I've had migraines like this for a year now, no one ever paid attention to my concerns until I told my dr what happened with my mom. She scheduled the tests as a precaution and neither of us dreamed I actually had it. 

Fortunately, it is treatable. We're just trying to avoid surgery if at all possible. It's a risky surgery so we're trying to keep it from bursting. 

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

saltyalley1227
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Im sorry I will be praying for you ((hug))

xomrs.chase
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:36 AM
*hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Hopefully they do work. It could be we just need to go over my dosages.

I have life insurance, Thankfully everyone in the family does. Honestly I'm worth more dead than alive. DH would disagree with that though. DH just left for work and told me if I feel like I need to go to the ER to call him and he'll give his SGTs a heads up.

I'm only 23 so I understand. It really is a scary thought. And a scary reality. 

(Hugs) And here's to hoping all your tests come back negative and you don't have anything seriously wrong.

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

hugsI hope the medication ends up helping and avoiding any risky surgeries.  Jst a question, I know this is kind of prying, but did you start to plan for the worst case scenario?  Like term-life or something like that?  Just wondering because if I come back positive for any of the things I am being tested for I was going to open a term life asap, just because you never know.  But its a scary thought because I'm only 20, but I do have a family now so...i guess it makes sense.  Plus it will cover if you end up in bedrest or something to where your kids will need extra support

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Thank you.

Quoting saltyalley1227:

Im sorry I will be praying for you ((hug))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Thanks 

Quoting xomrs.chase:

*hugs

DomoniqueWS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Thank You, I hope so too. So does anything natural help with the pain, like warm baths or walking, or laying with feet elevated etc?

Quoting Anonymous:

Hopefully they do work. It could be we just need to go over my dosages.

I have life insurance, Thankfully everyone in the family does. Honestly I'm worth more dead than alive. DH would disagree with that though. DH just left for work and told me if I feel like I need to go to the ER to call him and he'll give his SGTs a heads up.

I'm only 23 so I understand. It really is a scary thought. And a scary reality. 

(Hugs) And here's to hoping all your tests come back negative and you don't have anything seriously wrong.

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DomoniqueWS:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Thanks for the well wishes. DH put me back to bed  and will be checking in after PT to see how I am. If I'm still bad when he comes home to check on me over his lunch he's taking me to the ER.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry to hear your in pain.  My heart goes out to you.  Hope you feel better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)