Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a recovering alcoholic-Ask me anything.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:56 AM
  • 23 Replies

Please don't bash....just trying to help others who think they may be struggling.  Thanks!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM

How long were you an alcoholic?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:59 AM

What was your choice of drink?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Did you ever drink and drive?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:00 AM

What made you decide to quit?

Loran67
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I drank on and off since 13 yrs old.  My real struggle began after my husband passed in '94 and I was 27.  I drank vodke, only because it was cheap and fast.  But truly, an alcoholic isnt about what you drink, its about what happens WHEN you drink.

Loran67
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:03 AM

*vodka

Loran67
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Yes I did.  Twice I was charged with DUI.  Spent a couple of wks in jail due to that.  NOT proud.

Loran67
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

What made you decide to quit?

I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I had alienated many of the people I loved the most.  Most of all, I hated the woman in the mirror looking back at me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:11 AM

I am so sorry. :( My mom was an alcoholic and I had to see her waste her life away. She too drank Vodka. She almost died in a car accident b/c of her drinking... After that she became sober. She drinks still but nothing like she use to. Well, I don't see or talk to her often but when she was living with me she would drink quit often but like I said it wasn't nothing like she use to... Still not OK with her drinking though b/c she can't control it.

Quoting Loran67:

I drank on and off since 13 yrs old.  My real struggle began after my husband passed in '94 and I was 27.  I drank vodke, only because it was cheap and fast.  But truly, an alcoholic isnt about what you drink, its about what happens WHEN you drink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)