Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So irritated...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

My dh is a complete a**hole.  I seriously can't stand him most of the time.  Don't get me wrong, he provides for us, he is a VERY hard worker.  I feel like more often than not I have to walk on eggshells around him, when he calls to say he's on his way home I dread it!  It's like living with Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde.... sometimes he's perfectly pleasant & other times I just want to punch him in the face & say stfu!

I could really give so many examples, but I don't have the time right now.  So I'll give you this mornings encounter, oh yes, it very frequently starts before I am even fully awake.  He was on his way out to work & asked if I needed anything before he left, I told him that I may need $ for gas, which is when he proceeded to freak out.  I put $40 in on Sunday, I do alot of driving, my kids don't have buses, I drive the 2 older ones to school in the morning, then back home, then drop off the middle child, then back home, then bring my dd to pre k & back home, then pick up the big ones, drop off an extra one, b ack home, then pick up from pre k & back home, then occasionally pick up the middle one and back home.  No, I don't drive nearly as far as him, but I'm doing this all in town, frequent stops, etc etc.  Anyway, he proceeds to tell me that I'm lying to him when I tell him how much & often I put gas in, there is no way that I can use that much blah blah blah.  Walks out of the house screaming at me, then calls me to continue, to which I hang up.  It's the shit like this that makes me dislike him.  He complains that I'm not affectionate towards him, who the fuck wants to be affectionate to a person that is more oft than not a complete dick. 

Vent over.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I understand what you are going through, I have those days with my hubby too...it comes and goes and we have a love and hate relationship. But, my advice to you is to try to have a talk with him about what may be going on...maybe he is stressed at work, maybe he is frustrated with the relationship too, may he is just an ass....but, trying to find him when he is in a good mood, having a long talk about how you feel and asking him what may be going on will help....it isn't easy to find those moments, but, try...and if it ever gets worse and physical get out......i don't know if that is the case...just sayin. Anyway, hang in there and try to see if you can get some answers and if there is a day you are feeling good..maybe switch things up and make a date night or get out of the house with each other and have some fun...maybe it is just a lot of stress built up..good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)