Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early bedtime s/o

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
How do you get anything done if your kids go to bed at 6:30-7:30? I'm always running until at least 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I get up early. Its now 7.20am and I'm done with all my housework except to fold the load of laundry washing, and I have already walked to the grocery store for dinner tonight. I clean before I go to bed then start when I wake up :) If you clean each and everyday it isn't that hard really.

itsm3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

when it's dh's turn to drop dd at preschool, i'm up and out of the house on my way to work by 630/645am.  dh will stay and wait for dd to get up, give her breakfast, drive her to school and then head to work.  i leave the office around 330pm, go home and workout; either me or dh will get dd from preschool and then we spend time as a family before/after dinner.  dh and i split the chores so it's easy to get things done around the house.

ThirtyPlusTwo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Um, we get up early?

We get up at 6:30. Breakfast at 7am. My older DD and the kids' dad head out around 7:30 for school/work. Dinner is at 6pm. Bath is at 7pm. Lights out between 7:30-7:45pm.

I just don't get the parents who let their kids go to bed at 9, 10, 11pm. What time do the parents go to sleep?? Don't you like having some adult time in the evening? I'd go insane if I didn't get some quiet down time to myself every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThirtyPlusTwo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Oh, I'll add that for an older kid (10+) I can see a 9pm bedtime being reasonable--I was more referring to toddlers/preschoolers/younger kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM
My days start early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I'm a single mom with 3 kids.  Im up at 6 am and spend the whole morning just getting everyone out the door my 7:30 to be to school on time.  Work all day and by the time I pick up kids and get home it's 6pm.  Make dinner, eat, and help with all homework it's already 8pm.  I wouldn't spend anytime with my kids if I put them straight to bed.  9pm is the best I can do for my 6 yr old, 10 pm for the 12 yr and 15 yr old (and that's only if they don't have ridiculous amounts of homework and they usually do).  I don't ever get to bed before 11pm and do it all again the next day.  Adult time? What's that? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)