• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

woo hooo state income tax came in and im ... edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

paying my rent on time!

totally did not expect it to be there today. we qualified for the state eic (bash away, their income limit was higher than federal which we did not get) our rent was going to be late for the 3rd month in a row and they were threatening us with eviction if we did it again. now no worries! my kids get to keep their home!

and then we are broke again lol but atleast we get hubbys paycheck on friday. and can spend that on grocery shopping! yeah!

such a relief!!

edit....

thanks to the moms who were able to just be happy for someone elses happiness... muah!

eh to the moms who are total bummers.

heres to explain some of your concerns...

ive been dealing with some major medical issues which put me out of work earlier this month. but for the past few months i had to cut my hours to work around doc appts, testing and procedures. hubby makes to much alone to qualify for any help. yes we struggle but my kids do not go with out. me and hubby would starve before our kids went without food. i did not say we did not have rent! i said it wont be late! rent is due on the 10th...which happens to be a friday, the day hubby gets his paycheck. by the time he can cash his check the office is closed and gone. payments after 1 are considered late. next month the 10th falls on a saturday. since it falls on a weekend we have til monday 8am to get it in.  january the 10th fell in the middle of the week, december he had allready used all his vaca when he had to miss work for my surgery. and november was the day before he was paid. we live pay check to pay check.  when we go to the store it is to pick up a hand ful of items spending as little as possible. i was only sharing my excitement that my rent wasnt going to be late. and the fact that i can do a real grocery shopping.

sheesh.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4FAM67860509
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oceandancer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Yay
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM
State EIC ? WHAT?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Seriously curious.. If you make more than 50k, how can you not pay your rent ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4FAM67860509
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Some states have an EIC just like federal does but with different income limits.

Quoting Mychele:

State EIC ? WHAT?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM

we dont make more than 50! hubby made 31g last year which puts him over for fed. state was up to 40something.  our rent is income based. and they take 2 of his paychecks. but wont caculate it if his income is lower one week. only if its higher and they can get more from us.

Quoting Mychele:

Seriously curious.. If you make more than 50k, how can you not pay your rent ?

sweetmissy_05
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I can't wait till ours comes in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

this is the first year i think my state has done this. its no where near as much as what the fed gives out.

Quoting Mychele:

State EIC ? WHAT?????

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
No way ! I did not know this ! I learned something new. Thanks

Quoting 4FAM67860509:

Some states have an EIC just like federal does but with different income limits.

Quoting Mychele:

State EIC ? WHAT?????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Good for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)