Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People With Tatts...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 73 Replies
14 moms liked this

are beautiful! why do so many people judge someone based on the art they choose to wear rather than hang in their house? Just because someone has ink does not mean they are dirty, diseased, drug addicts, ungodly, lazy, losers. Quite the opposite in many cases. Majority of people nowadays have at least one tattoo. People of all walks of life. I love my children and so does my SO. We both have tattoos. I am a born-again Christian, i am a very clean and disease-free person who works hard in life for the things i want/need. I have never done drugs, except caffeine and nicotine. If i wear normal clothes, you'd have no idea i have 3 tatts and plan to get more. "I am a canvas of my experiences, my story is etched in lines and shadings, and you can read it on my arms, legs, shoulders, and stomach. But, like everybody else, I was born naked and screaming, waiting for my life to write itself on my skin"--Kat Von D

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM
4 moms liked this

People judge on appearance, its part of human nature.  

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I agree - and am like you. I have four and unless I'm in a bikini you wouldn't know - My mom was one of those people who almost had a heart attack when she found out - she said why would you do this to me ? what is wrong with you ?  I told her, it doesn't change who I am ... WTF?

luv2nap
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't associate negativity with tatoos.... but i do think they take away from your original natural beauty.  I can appreciate a very well done or creative tatoo for the art form that it is - but i just am against tatoos and body piercings all together.  But I don't hate on those or think less of them if they do have them.  Just a personal preference.

jjchick75
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I have tattoos and my husband has tattoos! I wouldn't trade my tattoos for anything. They each tell a story about a time in my life and mean a great deal to me. I don't care what people think of my tattoos, I wear them with pride!

phrenicfire89
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Not everyone thinks its beautiful, we all have our own perspective. I have tats, I don't think all are beautiful. I like the simple ones, I tend to think the big colorful ones look really trashy. But then again I have seen some amazing elaborate ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I have six. The only one you can see daily is the one on my wrist.

I really want to get my DD and unborn babys portraits! I'm waiting until they are four and five.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARmomOf3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM

i can respect that. some think certain tattoos enhance their beauty. like i said, its someones art and alot have deep personal meanings.

Quoting luv2nap:

I don't associate negativity with tatoos.... but i do think they take away from your original natural beauty.  I can appreciate a very well done or creative tatoo for the art form that it is - but i just am against tatoos and body piercings all together.  But I don't hate on those or think less of them if they do have them.  Just a personal preference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM
This. I have piercing and tattoos. It's part of who I am. You have to be comfortable with who you are. People will judge no matter what.

Quoting Anonymous:

People judge on appearance, its part of human nature.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
If you can't spell tattoo please don't get one! Its not tatts or tatoo smh
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I have only one.  And it was my drawing.  I'm proud of it because it is my actual art.

Sucks that I had to put it in a place where it will barely ever be visible, but with the line of work I am seeking, a professional appearance is a must, so I had to pick a place where I could hide it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)