• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My story.. let's see how much I can write :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

So I've read a few of your stories and find them interesting (true or not, they were interesting). so I thought I would share some of my story with you...

I was born with a very rare and incurable skin disease called Epidermolytic Hyperkeratosis (if you don't believe me or are curious - Google it..) about 1 in 250,000 people get it and I was one of those "chosen" ones.

I was molested at the age of 15 by my friend's father and he blamed me for it. Umm.. NO!! I fell in love with a man who my parents didn't approve of, got pregnant and miscarried that baby at the age of 18.  I met and married my soon to be ex, when I was 21 and had my daughter at 22, followed by my boys 3 and 1/2 years and 3 years after that respectively. Did I mention that he's 11 years older than me..yup he is.. not that it makes it any better or anything..sometimes being with an much older person than you cannot work.. I'm living proof of that one.  Also, none of my kids have my skin disease...none.. there was a 50/50 chance every pregnancy that it could be passed down and it wasn't.. Was someone looking out for me? probably...

I'm a SAHM some of it by choice and the other because I cannot work.  I'm not taking the "lazy" way out as some people have told me.  It's just fact. I've essentially been a single parent for ALL of my married life. There is no love between my soon to be ex and I - and hasn't been for at least 12 years now. Felt I had no choice because I was financially dependent on him.

I lost my father almost 9 years ago. I miss him terribly. Is my skin disease getting any better? NOPE! It basically has a mind of it's own and right now it's making me miserable (along with the whole divorce crap as well..)  I also found out that the "friend" I had all through elementary school through high school was really not a "friend" at all. Just being nice to me because she felt sorry for me.  I don't need or want that shit in my life. Good riddance to her.

There is a crap load more but this is all I have time for..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)